LED Parking Lamp/Turn Signal Issue

Holdpoint

Reaction score
I have a 2015 platinum that has LED's everywhere with the exception of the rear license plate (washes out camera) and the parking lamps/turn signals. I recently purchased a set of V3 Triton Amber Switchback bulbs (vleds.com) to install in the parking lamps/turn signals. The lights are awesome; however, there are two distinct oddities that are intermittent. The first is when you lock the truck, the parking lamps flash, sometimes only the driver side will flash. The passenger side will act dead. When you unlocked they both flash. The second is when you turn the blinker on, the passenger side will usually flash once and then go dark like the bulb is out and the truck will fast flash inside. It only happens to the passenger side and it is not consistent. I did not install resistors as I haven't had to on any of the other lights I've installed. Since it's only the passenger side that is doing it do you think it's a connection issue or does this sound like a resistance issue? Thanks in advance

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
If swapping sides with the lamps doesn't work, may want to either install resistors or turn off the lamp-out fast flash with IDS or Forscan.

Holdpoint

Reaction score
I tore it all apart last night, swapped bulbs and the passenger side would flash longer before it would quit. Also noticed that without the engine running the lights would flash and turn signals would work fine. Once truck was started it went back to acting up. Finally swapped the passenger and driver-side drivers and everything magically began to work. So far so good, we'll see how long it lasts. I suppose it could have been a connection issue but the fact that it worked without the truck running prior to the switch is odd. Who knows, hopefully swapping the drivers for the lights will be a long-term fix. Resistors are plug and play so no splicing. I'll try that next if this fix doesn't hold. Last step is yard them off and go back to the sylvan bulbs.

Holdpoint

Reaction score
so far they are still working although the driver side went dim while bouncing around the deer lease this weekend. Now that I'm back in town it's working again - imagine that

Latest posts

Members online