Largest Tire on Stock Rims

eclipsemf

Reaction score
I have been doing a lot of reading the past few days but no one seems to give just a straight forward answer, or one specific to my truck.

I have a 99 F250 4x4 with a leveling kit in the front and just a helper leaf in the rear. I have the stock 16" rims still. I am going to put a 4" lift this summer but I found a great deal on 315x75x16 tires and am in dire need of tires right now.

My question will these fit on the stock rims along with the leveling kit? Or will I rub all over. I dont mind investing in some good Hubcentric wheel spacers if needed.

Thank you for your time in advance!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
They will fit, with some slight trimming of the inner fender. They are basically 35s, i run 35s with a leveling kit. I have 05+ wheels on mine, so backspacing makes it rub a bit on the leaves, even with a 9/16 spacer, but there shouldnt be any issue with the correct wheels.

Flounder_Pounder

Reaction score
They'll "fit" but Most likely it'll be squirmy as all heck, the stock wheels are only 7" wide and the min. for a tire that size is 8" I put 285/75/16 on my stock wheel and it was a bit scary with all the sway when turning and towing, went to an 8 and it made a world of difference. If they are 10 ply with stiff sidewalls they work "better" but if they're like Nitto Grapplers Lord help you (they have very soft sidewalls) But hey not to say it can't be done... with all the screwy combos of wheels and tires, I see on the road this day...

eclipsemf

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. They are 10 ply and seem to be very sold tires, Im going to grab them, and will upgrade the rims later on if they feel really bad if not ill run em!

eclipsemf

Reaction score
So just an update. Here is the before an after of the truck, still some work needing to be done but almost there. Bought it dumped in a ditch with a blown motor. Turns out I didnt not have a front leveling kit so I just got one in a will be putting it on today. It did hit the front fender with out it pretty bad but other than that it works great. No float feeling with the tires very solid.

Attachments

• Resized_20160903_112046.jpg
    Resized_20160903_112046.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Resized_20170422_165407.jpg
    Resized_20170422_165407.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 56