Black Magnum 2.0 assembly

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Injector and chip came in, installed, and truck runs fine.

Issues remaining, the high idle works but I swear, when I change to other settings the idle goes down but doesn't change performance any regardless what position it's in.

Other issue I got is after giving it some throttle and letting off, engine kinda does a "check". As in almost dies, catches itself then idles fine. Don't know what is causes that. Did the same with the Dyno chip in

Threw one CEL, but haven't haven't got it on the highway yet. I sent the injector in with the oil deflector spout on and got it back without it. Need to get that first before I put valve cover on.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Injector and chip came in, installed, and truck runs fine.

Issues remaining, the high idle works but I swear, when I change to other settings the idle goes down but doesn't change performance any regardless what position it's in.

Other issue I got is after giving it some throttle and letting off, engine kinda does a "check". As in almost dies, catches itself then idles fine. Don't know what is causes that. Did the same with the Dyno chip in

Threw one CEL, but haven't haven't got it on the highway yet. I sent the injector in with the oil deflector spout on and got it back without it. Need to get that first before I put valve cover on.
so after all that we have been telling you that the air in the system is bad and it ***s a lot of **** up, you still try to diagnose issues without putting miles on the truck and or many wot pulls?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Magnum PD

Reaction score
There should be some kinda change in the idle, amount of smoke, pedal difference while chainring tunes.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Paid Beans, and they used G head tunes.

One thing is that my chip is a 4 position chip, but my knob has like 8 or 10 clicks to it. Didn't go through all positions on switch.

97stoker350

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what the chip is telling the truck to do... if the mechanical element can't get it done like air being in the system, it won't do it. Take the chip out and just run it. 30 miles or better

m j

Reaction score
I would not expect too much of a difference at idle when changing tunes. no power to be made at idle.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Please go put some miles on it before diagnosing more. Until all the air is worked out, even idle is typically noisier and more sensitive. Then we can try the different tunes, now that you have them.

Strokersace

Reaction score
so after all that we have been telling you that the air in the system is bad and it ***s a lot of **** up, you still try to diagnose issues without putting miles on the truck and or many wot pulls?

SMH...
There should be some kinda change in the idle, amount of smoke, pedal difference while chainring tunes.
On my modded 7.3 with G H tunes, there was no change in settings at idle. It was when you were tipping into the throttle while driving where the difference varied greatly.
It doesn't matter what the chip is telling the truck to do... if the mechanical element can't get it done like air being in the system, it won't do it. Take the chip out and just run it. 30 miles or better

I would not expect too much of a difference at idle when changing tunes. no power to be made at idle.

Please go put some miles on it before diagnosing more. Until all the air is worked out, even idle is typically noisier and more sensitive. Then we can try the different tunes, now that you have them.
Don't you boys tell him anything logical!!! Lol

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I didn't stick the injector in and start cranking and waited till it finally started. I fill the hpo oil gallery first, then cranked. Didn't take long for it to start. So with all you guys obsessed with "air in the HPO system" I just say that has very little to do in my case. I told you guys my issues to start off with. Kinda tired of all the "mic drop" post to get likes on here.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Oh Yea? Well what was in the oil rail? Did you fill that with oil too after it drained from removing the injector?

I mean if you know everything why haven't you figured it out yet?

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Im not "mic dropping". But you need to understand the importance of getting the air out of the system. Previously all of my advice has been a$$uming you've already gotten the air out of the system. Now that you've allowed air back in, go drive it. Drive it hard, drive it easy, let it cool off, and drive it again tomorrow. Then we can start back on the issues. You may have most of the air out of the system, but every time you touch something related to the hpoil system, you can introduce the troubles you are seeing. Thats what we are trying to convey.

The stalling on let off can be tuning, but it can also be related to air in the hpoil, and some peoples tuning. Without the air, it wont happen. Been there. Also, with the gen3, it may take some dialing in for the tuning to be happy. They arent as common as the other sources of hpoil.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I did drain the rail before I removed the injector. Kept oil from getting into cylinder. After I put injector in took one plug off then pushed oil through 90 degree supply fitting till oil came out of plug. Doing that got almost all the air out.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I did drain the rail before I removed the injector. Kept oil from getting into cylinder. After I put injector in took one plug off then pushed oil through 90 degree supply fitting till oil came out of plug. Doing that got almost all the air out.
Although that helps, it doesn't get almost all the air out. It still takes driving it to get all the air out.

Heck, on my 6.0 recently, I completely filled the oil rails and system prior to restart. It took almost 3 - 60 miles trips to get all the air out and it to start right off and run smoothly. This was normal driving. Would have been less had I hammered on it.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I'll get injector spout on and button up the engine then take it for a drive

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Spring time is here so it's harvesting winter rye and haven't had a chance to get it together. I'll report back after road trip.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I didn't stick the injector in and start cranking and waited till it finally started. I fill the hpo oil gallery first, then cranked. Didn't take long for it to start. So with all you guys obsessed with "air in the HPO system" I just say that has very little to do in my case. I told you guys my issues to start off with. Kinda tired of all the "mic drop" post to get likes on here.
dude!! are ***in kidding me? do you think we just say this chit cuz we feel like it?

Latest posts

Members online