Mishimoto's 1999-03 Ford 7.3L Powerstroke Direct-Fit Performance Transmission Cooler

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Sometimes there are products we can’t wait to get on the market. The sense of urgency follows positive feedback after a release or hinting at a recently started project. There’s pride in giving people what they want, what the need. When our 2003-2007 6.0L Powerstroke Transmission Cooler Kit was released, the question that kept coming was if it would fit the 7.3L. What followed was a “no, sorry.” That didn’t sit well with us. The efforts grew exponentially as more questions surfaced about fitment, and as the number of requests to make a direct fit kit increased. Now, a 7.3L version is set to release, and ahead of schedule.

In retrospect, it would have been best to provide all you 7.3L owners with upgraded cooling when the transmission cooler first launched. The reason why our 6.0L kit wasn’t on option then was due to the hose routing. The lines are different. The 6.0L already has hoses that can adapt to our cooler without the necessity of lines from us. The inlets and outlets are in different spots here, so we needed to carefully design hoses that would properly fit the 7.3L. The cooler is the exact same, so the hardware is what needed to change in this kit to make it a direct fit.

MG_1265r.jpg

MG_1276r.jpg

As most of you Powerstroke-heads know, the factory transmission cooler in these older trucks are swapped out in favor of the 26-row or 31-row 6.0L transmission coolers. We only tested our current cooler design against the bigger 31-row cooler to confirm that we are doing all we can to improve the cooling these transmissions need. Our 37-row, stacked plate cooler achieved a 10–12°F improvement over the 6.0L cooler. Fluid pressure showed an improvement, too, with a maximum drop of 0.5 psi. All of this is due largely in part to the increased fluid volume, which increased by 21% above the factory unit. We have a full write-up on the testing conditions and data for you to look at.

MG_3591r.jpg

IMG_3574r.jpg

MG_3598r.jpg

We are excited to announce that this kit will be released later next week! We are skipping the presale and going right to the product release. It will be available for purchase, in stock and ready to ship to your doorstep with an MSRP at $375. It will fit all Ford Superduty trucks equipped with the 7.3L from 1999-2003 including the F250 and F350 pickup trucks as well as the F450 and F550 chassis cabs. There’s no reason to wait any longer than you already have. I’ll be sure to update this blog with the product link once we make it available on our site. Thanks for reading!

MG_3499-2r.jpg

-Diamaan

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We were going to release this straight to the market without doing a presale, but our target date for when these coolers are stocked in our warehouse has moved a bit further away than we had intended

What does this mean for you? We've decided to hold a short presale! During this period, you can get our transmission cooler for the 1999-2003 Ford Powerstroke 7.3L at a great discount before the final production kits hit the warehouse and the market. We plan to have these fully released by the last week of this month, so while it is going to be shorter presale, the savings will still be great!

Please check out the details below and please let us know if you have any questions!

PreSale Link

Expected Release: End of April 2017

Pricing Details:
Full Transmission Cooler Kit
MSRP: $375.00
Pre-sale: $293.95

Includes:
(1) Mishimoto Stacked Plate Transmission Cooler
(2) Silicone Hoses
(4) Worm Gear Clamps
Mounting Hardware
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty

MG_1264-e1491240937734.jpg

MG_3590-1-e1491241227257.jpg

PreSale Link

Again, please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

MMTC-F2D-99SL_1.png

-Diamaan

psduser1

Reaction score
Curious as to why you guys don't run a load test after everything has heat soaked for, say, an hour?
Regardless, nice piece!

Sterling B.

Reaction score
My transmission guy got the 6.0 Mishimoto cooler piped into my 7.3/4R when he built my trans about a month ago. :toast:
Probably a bit more adaptation and creativity involved compared to this kit though.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
If I had the money, one of those would be on the way to my house right now.

It's a sweet deal! You've got till the end of the month to get it at this price, so keep it in mind!

Awesome price! Order sent!

Thanks!

Curious as to why you guys don't run a load test after everything has heat soaked for, say, an hour?
Regardless, nice piece!

Much appreciated! The load test actually provided the heats soak. When we ran the test on our 6.0L Powerstroke, the truck was fully warmed up and then the test was performed. Let me know if this helps!

-Diamaan

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Dang! Wish this was out when I put a 6.0 cooler in my 99. This looks easier, although mine wasn't too hard haha

George4

Reaction score
Well I hope the transmission lines line up with larger 6.0 innercooler because I just ordered it. Looking forward to the new cooler.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Well I hope the transmission lines line up with larger 6.0 innercooler because I just ordered it. Looking forward to the new cooler.

Thanks for the order! It should fit fine with a 6.0L cooler no problem. Let us know how it fits once you get it! This presale will be over in about a week, so you should get your kit pretty soon.

-Diamaan

George4

Reaction score
Thanks for the order! It should fit fine with a 6.0L cooler no problem. Let us know how it fits once you get it! This presale will be over in about a week, so you should get your kit pretty soon.

-Diamaan

So I just got this in my email
"Dear George,

One or more of the items that you ordered is currently out of stock. Please see below for out of stock items and the estimated date that they will be back in stock. The out of stock items will be put on backorder and ship as soon as they arrive."

So I guess this is going to take awhile to get now....

bluedge8

Reaction score
I just looked up the kit, it does not list the price @ $293, but rather the full list price of $375. I am wondering if the sale is still going on until the end of the month like it says in this thread, or not?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online