Toyo open country RT ?

HBDELUX

Reaction score
Looking for feedback on tread life and road noise from those running this tire

I am currently running the 37x13.50x20 toyo mt and enjoyed the minimal road noise, great sidewalls, good traction and great tread life. The Toyo Mt however is on national backorder with no eta. The RT is available.

Any feedback is appreciated.

HBDELUX

Reaction score
08Monster, I saw those and they are a great deal but the Toyo 38" mt is a D load range. Due to my toy hauler weight I will need an E which the 37" are. Ordinarily I would just wait but my spare has decided to quit playing.

truckman 1974, what kind of tread life are you getting on your Nitto trails? As far as the Ebay link thats about what I paid last time locally but shipping and mount/ballance will cost another few hun and that's the reason I asked about the RT as they are available locally (in a day) and cost a little less than the MT.

Reaction score
08Monster, I saw those and they are a great deal but the Toyo 38" mt is a D load range. Due to my toy hauler weight I will need an E which the 37" are. Ordinarily I would just wait but my spare has decided to quit playing.

truckman 1974, what kind of tread life are you getting on your Nitto trails? As far as the Ebay link thats about what I paid last time locally but shipping and mount/ballance will cost another few hun and that's the reason I asked about the RT as they are available locally (in a day) and cost a little less than the MT.

I can still get them, usually takes 2-3 week for a set though.

truckman1974

Reaction score

Mine only have about 4000 miles on them so I'm not a good person to attest to the quality. From what I read online though they seem like the hold up very well. I'm about to buy a 2nd set so I can have a summer/winter set of rims/tires. Hope this helps. Here's the link to the homepage on them:

http://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/trail-grappler-mud-terrain-light-truck-tire/

HBDELUX

Reaction score
Well had the 37"RT put on yesterday.

Few houghts and observations so far, the RT is much Less aggressive looking in person, There is less a LITTLE less tire noise than the MT, The RT 37x12.50x 20 looks narrow to me after running the 37x13.50x20 MT & lastly The RT is a little cheaper than the MT.

I will update this with tread ware as I get some miles on them for those considering these tires.

pjtamu12

Reaction score
My boss just got a set of 33x12.50r20's ordered. Be on Saturday. I'm letting him be my guinea pig.

truckman1974

Reaction score
So my brother in law is in need of some tires. He currently has the toyo open country 38x15.50x20's on his truck (8" lift, F250). We were going to try to do something nice for him and his family (they're in a tough spot right now) and buy him some new tires because his are slicks pretty much, but those dang tires are $500+ each. I'm all about helping someone out but it hurts me to consider ordering myself $2000 worth of tires, so I set out looking to see what I could find him.

I finally decided that it's just not possible to find his current size for a decent (gift) price. I start checking other sizes and I found this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291276233791?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

That's what we ordered for him. They should arrive tomorrow. It's a 35" and he is coming out of 38"s so hopefully it won't be TOO much of a drastic change but we'll see......

thought that counts right? :)

HBDELUX

Reaction score
That toyo 38x15.50x20 mt is a enormous. That will be a significant change but the truck will look fine with them on.

Honestly I would have slapped 35" on my truck if it was not geared as steep.

The tire business is interesting, I got 3 quotes from the same company on the same tire that ranged from $410 to $520... I took for granted I was receiving the best price from a company I have been a long time customer of. That was pretty eye opening. That company is a well know national store.

Last edited:

Cumminsgone

Reaction score
Well had the 37"RT put on yesterday.

Few houghts and observations so far, the RT is much Less aggressive looking in person, There is less a LITTLE less tire noise than the MT, The RT 37x12.50x 20 looks narrow to me after running the 37x13.50x20 MT & lastly The RT is a little cheaper than the MT.

I will update this with tread ware as I get some miles on them for those considering these tires.

Love to see some pics of your new tires, I've been concerned how narrow they would look?

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Pics please ! I almost bought these a few weeks ago but went with the terra grappler g2 instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and ****.

dsberman94

Reaction score
So my brother in law is in need of some tires. He currently has the toyo open country 38x15.50x20's on his truck (8" lift, F250). We were going to try to do something nice for him and his family (they're in a tough spot right now) and buy him some new tires because his are slicks pretty much, but those dang tires are $500+ each. I'm all about helping someone out but it hurts me to consider ordering myself $2000 worth of tires, so I set out looking to see what I could find him.

I finally decided that it's just not possible to find his current size for a decent (gift) price. I start checking other sizes and I found this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291276233791?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

That's what we ordered for him. They should arrive tomorrow. It's a 35" and he is coming out of 38"s so hopefully it won't be TOO much of a drastic change but we'll see......

thought that counts right? :)

Its the thought that counts for sure. I'm sure he will be thankful for the tires as a gift in hard times.

HBDELUX

Reaction score
20141101_132823.jpg

20141101_132843.jpg

20141101_132812.jpg

HBDELUX

Reaction score
Requested pictures hope those pictures help if your considering the RT. I will say I have a few more miles on them and they are very quiet.

Last edited:

truckman1974

Reaction score
Yea, those do look good.

By the way....update on the brother-in-law....he got the tires dropped of at his house and sent me a text "I'm gonna kick your @$$".....I was like, "why, what's up?"....."yea, right, 'what's up'....I guess you don't know anything about these 4 tires sitting in my driveway". :shrug: :cool:

He was worried that since his current tire was a 38x15.50 that he HAD to go back with a 15.50 wide tire. I explained to him that the 12.50 would still work on his rim and you don't HAVE to go back with the same size tire....so I think now he's really a happy camper. He should get them put on this week.

He said that his current rims are about 5 years old so the brake dust (and just age) have put a beating on them. I think once he gets back on his feet he'll get him an inexpensive set....but he is happier than a pig in sh*t right now I think...lol.

Latest posts

Members online