Garrett 38r vs Diesel site Ball bearing turbo

Dieselsite

Reaction score
The "rebuildable" at this point is that WE at Dieselsite can rebuild. If there was ever a problem, we can evaluate, repair, replace parts, and return the turbo in a timely manner.

We decided to build our own since we have a very large customer base in the 7.3L world and we were not able to service our customers when they had a failure for any reason with the 38R. - We weren't allowed to service the turbo, replace the turbo, or in any way determine if it was a warranty item. Our service center took care of us very well, but waiting 2-4 months for warranty analysis leaving a customer without a turbo was not in our business model.

The other exciting benefit of tooling up to make these is it allowed us to make a drop in BB 60mm and 66mm for the early 99 trucks.

Don't forget. All of Dieselsite's Wicked Turbos come already equipped with Wicked Wheels and the mechanical wastegates- options you'd have to pay extra for with the 38R.

We have drop in BB 60mm and 66mm OBS kits coming soon. Stay tuned!

Dieselsite.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
The "rebuildable" at this point is that WE at Dieselsite can rebuild. If there was ever a problem, we can evaluate, repair, replace parts, and return the turbo in a timely manner.

We decided to build our own since we have a very large customer base in the 7.3L world and we were not able to service our customers when they had a failure for any reason with the 38R. - We weren't allowed to service the turbo, replace the turbo, or in any way determine if it was a warranty item. Our service center took care of us very well, but waiting 2-4 months for warranty analysis leaving a customer without a turbo was not in our business model.

The other exciting benefit of tooling up to make these is it allowed us to make a drop in BB 60mm and 66mm for the early 99 trucks.

Don't forget. All of Dieselsite's Wicked Turbos come already equipped with Wicked Wheels and the mechanical wastegates- options you'd have to pay extra for with the 38R.

Dieselsite.

Thanks for the input

Arisley

Reaction score
I would trust anything that comes out of Bob's shop.

Dieselsite is one of those companies that I have 100% faith in.

psduser1

Reaction score

Dieselsite.

How will these compare to kc turbos version? Differences?
I've been very happy with my purchases and service experiences from dieselsite so far, and I expect anything from this shop to continue that!

Reaction score
People have been saying the KC38r spools better than the 38r, due to a different turbine wheel, plus the KC is rebuildable as well, but I believe also by the end user. Personally I'd wait till KC starts offering different sizes of the drop in re-buildable BB s and get a 64mm or so, especially with stock injectors.

As for dieselsite quality, I have used several items from them in the past, the only thing I was never satisfied with was their BRV for the MAP line on the 7.3s, both units I had were boost leaks, egt's and performance suffered I swapped to the regulator versions and never had the issues again. Everything else I used from them, was absolutely top notch though

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pstrke96

Reaction score
I live in crystal river and would be very interested in helping with any testing or early purchase of this diesel site unit on my obs close and quality is great

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Ok guys, bear with me......

I just ordered up the Diesel Site turbo. Should be here by the end of the week.

Any tips/tricks on changing it out? I am very familiar with the OBSs but not the SDs

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The collector as in the "baby butt" on an OBS?
it is the collector where the up pipes meet the turbo on the turbine housing. it can be a mofo.. start spraying it down with pb blaster or stuff that is way better like Schaeffers penetro 90 or fluid film.. the entire band. not just the t bolt. I have needed to use a 6 foot chunk of pipe or breaker bar to pound the ***er off before!! so spray it daily or twice daily many days prior to removal.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
it is the collector where the up pipes meet the turbo on the turbine housing. it can be a mofo.. start spraying it down with pb blaster or stuff that is way better like Schaeffers penetro 90 or fluid film.. the entire band. not just the t bolt. I have needed to use a 6 foot chunk of pipe or breaker bar to pound the ***er off before!! so spray it daily or twice daily many days prior to removal.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Thanks, I'll try an get my buddy to spray it before I get it

Latest posts

Members online