A better 7.3 cam sensor!

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
After replacing many 7.3 cam sensors and spending dozens of hours on a 7.3 with some issues that ended up being cured with this cam sensor i am convinced that this is the best one available. Definitely better than oem or napa brand anyway....
8fd80f6494648c89784fb1f2105f730c.jpg

896361af5a31b66a97b4187d8f02136e.jpg

48b2e2525e3d03233d54145a1af057be.jpg

The gray BWD sensor from Advanced has a much stronger magnet than the oem one, therefore it generates a cleaner, stronger, signal. The BWD one will easily hold a 14mm 1/4 socket while the oem one will barely hold a 9mm... Just thought i would put this on here for future reference and to maybe help someone out!

co04cobra

Reaction score
I know this is a horse that has been beat to death!!!! But the only downfall of the BWD and some other ones is wiper interference.

hucorey

Reaction score
One thing to do with these BWD sensors is to run quality ferrite bead chokes close to the CPS itself and then the wiper deal shouldn't happen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I have heard of some having luck with these sensors and others who have issues right out of the box. That is the problem with most non-OEM components. The consistency is just not there.

I you do decide to run one of these, just make sure you have a spare Ford/International CPS in the glove box.

DocBar

Reaction score
I've had problems with every make I've tried. I've had two BWD sensors bad right out of the box. I've had OEM bad right out of the bag. The only good thing is that they are easy to replace. I usually keep 3-4 in my glove box. The bad thing is that every single time I've had one go out it was raining. Windshield wipers???

dsberman94

Reaction score
I've got two in my glovebox now. My original gray one and a black one I got for free. I have never tried the black one but I have noticed the truck runs rougher when it rains. I wish I knew the reasoning to that.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Or just buy the black delphi sensors. Hts101g iirc is the p/n
yeah, you won't find them much anymore.. I have sent many E mails asking company's that use the 101g pic but only offer the 101 sensor..
Good luck finding them...lincolnlocker bought them all up and is hoarding them away. :jammin:

Billy T.
[email protected]
maybe
Ha, i may have bought 10 or so for myself a couple years ago.
you are welcome

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've had great luck with the newer motorcraft sensor. So have hundreds other 7.3s
most do that don't know better.. with anything but the original black cps, my dually would throw ghost codes on different cylinders each time I ran a cct.. but that doesn't mean it will run bad enough to cause concern.
The sensor i replaced was a motorcraft sensor a couple months old.
some are bad out if the gate.. I had a hts101g last 2 hrs in my dually.. i put it in and drove it and 2 hrs later it was like someone just turned the key off..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online