Uneven lift help -Icon with track bar

16PS250

Reaction score
I have a 16 250 and I put an Icon 2.5" lift on (front only) with a BD Diesel adjustable track bar. I noticed that the drivers side of the truck is about a half inch lower than the right.

Does anyone know why do I need to adjust the track bar more to give more push/pull. I did the lift my self on the ground with jack stands and it was a PIA I had to compress the springs so that I could get them in. Any help would be appriciated. I have not gotten an alignment yet. My steering wheel was off about 45 degrees and I adjusted the track bar and it came back straight which makes me think its adjusted correctly. Also fuel tank is on the drivers side is it known for sitting lower?

Zmann

Reaction score
drive it before you sweat the height variance
as long as you set the coils in the pockets correctly thats all you can do ( for now)

the track bar adjustment is to center the front axle the drag link adjustment is to center the steering wheel

yes some superduty trucks are biased with all the weight on one side

sootie

Reaction score
Track bar has nothing to do with which way/how much the body leans. Get ouo coil levelers if you want infinite control

oli6578

Reaction score
IMG_0175.JPG

These 1/4 inch spacer from PMF can be used to fix problems like that. I have some for sale. $20 a set shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betarocker

Reaction score
You could disconnect the tracbar from the frame mount and then jump up and down on the bumper and see if evens out? Make sure the truck is on as level surface as possible or try to correct the surface by putting 2'x2' plywood squares under each tire of appropriate thicknesses as needed.

16PS250

Reaction score
Thanks for the help I would do the 1/4 inch plate lift but getting those springs in on the ground was next to impossible. I looked the the top isolaters and they look good but hard to tell with the wheels on. I will disconnect the trac bar and bounce it. see what I can figure out. Thanks!

oli6578

Reaction score
Thanks for the help I would do the 1/4 inch plate lift but getting those springs in on the ground was next to impossible. I looked the the top isolaters and they look good but hard to tell with the wheels on. I will disconnect the trac bar and bounce it. see what I can figure out. Thanks!

Wasn't bad for me getting my 4.5 Springs in but then again I do have 2 ft tall bottle jacks I used to jack up frame and 4ft tall jack stands I used up front on frame. Lol. Hope everything works out for u.

Zmann

Reaction score
don't bounce your measly body weight . go drive the thing ( with the track bar connected ) and bounce the trucks weight about 4000 lbs

thats why I said don't sweat it yet

it's common have this issue after jacking the truck up

Last edited:

16PS250

Reaction score
I should have given more info, I did the lift a week ago and it drives straight as an arrow. Also the Icon 2.5" level put the front a fair amount higher than the rear. I'm not 100% against the look and the Icon springs are progressive they ride really nice, I would say as good or better than stock.

Zmann

Reaction score
ok so your lean is probably going to stay

just make sure you really check frame to cab #'s ETC some variance can be from body mounts

and some can be in the rear thet skews things
so measure re measure

before taking convective " measures" lol

sootie

Reaction score
adjust your headlights to that you arent blinding oncoming drivers at least.

Zmann

Reaction score
and then replace them was some ridiculously bright HID's

LOL

Good call Sootie

16PS250

Reaction score
lol will do. I'm at almost 18K miles and the frame mounts are a good starting point. I'm going to measure the rear and post back on those numbers. Possible the back sits off also and if it does then its weight from fuel, tools or something.

Swampfox

Reaction score
I had the same issue on my 2012 F250 and my 2016 F250. On the 2016 as suggested earlier I did the one up offroad adjustable coil levelers and it is exactly the same side to side. The driver side needed a little more lift than the passenger side. If you lifted the front 2.5" your rear should be ~1" lower than the front. Either get a f-350 block 3 5/8" or a 4" block if you want it a bit higher in the rear.

oli6578

Reaction score
I had the same issue on my 2012 F250 and my 2016 F250. On the 2016 as suggested earlier I did the one up offroad adjustable coil levelers and it is exactly the same side to side. The driver side needed a little more lift than the passenger side. If you lifted the front 2.5" your rear should be ~1" lower than the front. Either get a f-350 block 3 5/8" or a 4" block if you want it a bit higher in the rear.

SWAMPFOX

How hard is it to adjust coil levelers via just jacking up front and not taking coils out?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
SWAMPFOX

How hard is it to adjust coil levelers via just jacking up front and not taking coils out?

How I do it, jack up the front of the truck by the axle enough to pull the wheels off. Then use my jack stands that I have, I think they are 3 ton ones from sears and put some 6x6's under each one (just one level of them) to make them taller. Put the jack stands under the front of the frame horns. Pull the front tires so the axle can droop. Disconnect the upper track rod bolt, lower shock bolt and say bar end links along with the ABS wires by the radius arms. Lower the jack under the axle to let the axle droop and you should be able to get enough off the springs that they will about fall out to adjust the levelers or what ever you want to do. I have the levelers on my truck, its not uncommon for them to be off side to side from factory

Swampfox

Reaction score
How I do it, jack up the front of the truck by the axle enough to pull the wheels off. Then use my jack stands that I have, I think they are 3 ton ones from sears and put some 6x6's under each one (just one level of them) to make them taller. Put the jack stands under the front of the frame horns. Pull the front tires so the axle can droop. Disconnect the upper track rod bolt, lower shock bolt and sway bar end links along with the ABS wires by the radius arms. Lower the jack under the axle to let the axle droop and you should be able to get enough off the springs that they will about fall out to adjust the levelers or what ever you want to do. I have the levelers on my truck, its not uncommon for them to be off side to side from factory

I measured about 15 times before I installed mine and didn't have to adjust them once I put the weight back on the springs. I'd do it the same way as above. Do yourself a favor and get a good jack and some good stands. Northern tool has a great deal on some 12 tons and they work great for this project.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641755_200641755

Swampfox

Reaction score
Here is a pic for reference. It takes the place of the stock spring lower mount.

5F9F8ADF-B95D-4D1E-8AB0-12556A6F7036_zps8fbjqedh.png

Swampfox

Reaction score
Ride is not affected. I'll have to find the box I wrote the measurements down on, I can't remember right off hand.

Members online

No members online now.