Hpop issues

08strokin

Reaction score
Hey guys i got a 2000 f250 im working on for a buddy of mine, that im having starting issues out of. The truck ran and drove fine until his cluch slave cylinder went out, the truck sat for about two months before he decided to replace it. I go to pick the truck up and of course the batteries are dead so i load it on the trailer with my winch. I get it back to my shop and charge the batteries while im replacing the slave cylinder, after i get swapped i fire the truck up and pull it around the house and notice that you can press the throttle down and nothing happens and the service engine soon light is on. I check the codes and it was throwing a throttle position sensor code, so i order a new one replace the sensor. The truck wont start :wtf: So i go through all my checks and when i hook up my HPO Gauge im not getting any HPO oil. I swap the IPR and the ICP (the wire was full of oil). Still no HPO pressure, im thinking that its the HPOP but my question is could there be anything else that could be the problem? I have great engine oil pressure just no HPO. Thanks for the help in advance.

rusty1161

Reaction score
Check your IPR pigtail. Mine had the insulation missing and was shorting out, causing my no start.

image.jpg1_zps2bpxu52u.jpg

Rusty

08strokin

Reaction score
Batteries are at 12.48. So i grounded the yellow wire on the ipr and i built alot of pressure on my gauge real quick so i stopped. So im thinking that the computer sends a ground signal to the IPR according to the duty cycle its being called for. Am i correct on this? How can i test to see if the computer is sending this signal?

mandkole

Reaction score
The voltage drop compared to the battery is concerning. The subharness that supplies power to the IPR also suppies to the IAH and the GPs as well. Are you getting good signal to those relays?

Have you closely inspected and checked the subharness?

I also added some info... its for an 02 but explains the wiring

Attachments

• IMG_1687.JPG
    IMG_1687.JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 48

08strokin

Reaction score
The voltage drop compared to the battery is concerning. The subharness that supplies power to the IPR also suppies to the IAH and the GPs as well. Are you getting good signal to those relays?

Have you closely inspected and checked the subharness?

I also added some info... its for an 02 but explains the wiring

Thank you ill take a look at it

Latest posts