Coilovers for late 99

VA Vince

Reaction score
I've got bags in the back and sick of the ride. Anything out for the 99? Years ago I've heard you had to have an 05 axle to have coilovers, at least bolt on.

Addicted4

Reaction score
05 axles go in with only a few holes needing to be drilled but most of them are already there. It will ride better and turn sharper. Have to source a axle with all of the brackets and bots. Can be done in a weekend with no issues. Good set of shocks will help the ride with the swap. Also plan on doing ball joints and checking axle u-joints, the little stuff adds up fast. Pm and I can send you pics and talk you thru it.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
There are a few coil over kits out there without changing axles. But he's talking about bags in the back changing to coil overs.

Addicted4

Reaction score
Switch to 08 newer rear springs will help with the ride and old capacity in the rear and if you swap to 05 axles it'll ride better, turn shaper, bigger brakes, easy to install, and most importantly won't break the bank. The 05 axle has 35 spline inner and outer axles, better unit bearings and hubs, stronger tube and is a true Dana 60 where yours is likely a Dana 50.

Latest posts

Members online