zf6 speed help or clutch issue

clydesdale

Reaction score
The truck is a 2002 7.3 with 6 spd. i have 122k and a con o clutch was put in 10 years ago at 65k. The truck is having an issue where it won't go into gear on when you start it up. While driving, it is not an issue. It will shift fine. I can then shut it off and get back in 20 minutes later and it may or may not go into gear. I then have to shut it off, put it in gear or my no start setting on the chip and the truck will move the slightest bit and then it will operate fine. Can someone help me with understanding what is getting intermittently stuck? I can go a couple of weeks without it happening or it may happen two days in a row. I already replaced the hydraulics.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Wont go into any gear? Or just first? Mine will sometimes not want to go into a low gear when sitting. I release the shifter lever and try again, sometimes coasting a little bit (even inches) will allow it to fall into gear.

mandkole

Reaction score
^^this.. the arm isn't pulling the plate off the friction. Why, not sure but could be the slave. Get under it, remove the cover, put a flashlight up there, have a buddy press the pedal and watch if the plate moves.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
id say there is air in it and or it might be the wrong kit.. I thought one of the zfs had a shorter rod... could be way wrong though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online