#8 injector debacle

Reaction score
So I've read a few places discussing injector o-ring replacement about guys having their #8 injector being different then the other 7. Several people seemed to say it was normal, and comments were made along the lines of "it doesn't matter where the other 7 end up but #8 injector has to go back in #8 cylinder or you'll have issues." This is the first I have heard of it. The injectors I have done I have put back in their original orientation just to help rule out variables. Is there any truth to these statements or is it hog wash? I was also trying to remember, but I had thought that when guys replaced t444e injectors, you had to check/load trim files or something for the new injector. Can't remember for certain. I'd appreciate any clarification on this.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Some 444s have a long lead nozzle. Its not that big of a deal. If you replace with rebuilds they wont have it I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heavydoc

Reaction score
Most #8 injectors are an ae injector as opposed to ad/ab and it was because #8 would run lean and cause a fuel cackle sound. It was on 7.3 engines and iirc only on certain years.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online