water pump

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
who all has had problems with the water pumps on these engines? does anyone rebuild them or make new ones yet? mine has zero shaft play and still spins like a top but its leaking out from behind the pully toward the bottom.. just had it replaced with new one from ford.. only 96k on the clock too!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

redneck1

Reaction score
More than likely the inner seal if the bearings are still good. Motorcraft parts have, I believe, a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. That seep hole is where it leaks on the duramax when they go out, also. Better than contaminating your coolant, imo. Mine only has 32k and I haven't had any issues yet, but that's not very many miles..

KCCO

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
More than likely the inner seal if the bearings are still good. Motorcraft parts have, I believe, a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. That seep hole is where it leaks on the duramax when they go out, also. Better than contaminating your coolant, imo. Mine only has 32k and I haven't had any issues yet, but that's not very many miles..

KCCO
that is a seep hole under the pully that has about a dime size hole in it?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Water pumps are pretty common on the 11-14, havent seen really any on 15-16. Dont know if they changed anything with them or not. The new one is updated, and so far i have yet to see one come back.

As for warranty, if you pay for it it is 2/unlimited, if ford pays, it is 12/12.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Water pumps are pretty common on the 11-14, havent seen really any on 15-16. Dont know if they changed anything with them or not. The new one is updated, and so far i have yet to see one come back.

As for warranty, if you pay for it it is 2/unlimited, if ford pays, it is 12/12.

so the one I have now is updated? warranty is unlimited miles for 2 years?

cappa

Reaction score
I just had a primary water pump replaced on a 15 at 42000kms. Not sure if they're any better. It was leaking out the weep hole, got it in the shop after 3 or 4 days of noticing it leaking and it was getting pretty bad.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
so the one I have now is updated? warranty is unlimited miles for 2 years?

I believe it is. If you look at your reciept, and the suffix of the part number is anything other than a, then it has been updated. If i remember right, the water pumps are like a c or e suffix.

If you paid for the pump, then yes warranty is 2yr/unlimited miles. All ford larts have been that since october of 2014 i believe.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I believe it is. If you look at your reciept, and the suffix of the part number is anything other than a, then it has been updated. If i remember right, the water pumps are like a c or e suffix.

If you paid for the pump, then yes warranty is 2yr/unlimited miles. All ford larts have been that since october of 2014 i believe.
10-4 thanks man!.. ill have to check my reciept when I get back to my hotel after the holiday..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
this is the part number off the box.
7259e79fac29eb684321d4de9b194483.jpg

Jomax

Reaction score
Still original radiators and pump with 95k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Looks like it hasnt been updated... My bad, thought it had. Not sure on the coolant, i put ford chit back in. It doesent have nitrites according to the bottle, which is good. These cooling systems apparently dont like nitrites according to the workshop manual.

redneck1

Reaction score
Prestone Dexcool meets the same spec for motorcraft orange if you read the back of the bottle. Readily available if the dealer not open..

KCCO

Jomax

Reaction score
Looks like it hasnt been updated... My bad, thought it had. Not sure on the coolant, i put ford chit back in. It doesent have nitrites according to the bottle, which is good. These cooling systems apparently dont like nitrites according to the workshop manual.

Any real reason? Is it because of the EGR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts