6.7 service intervals

JD3020

Reaction score
Bought my '14 with 53k miles in mid January, and put 7500 miles on it so far. About 2500 miles overdue for a oil change, and my service reminder came on yesterday. The first 53k of its life was easy, it never had a hitch in the receiver or hauled anything. But since i bought it i've put 3-4k miles on it towing 10-15k, and a large portion of that was running down the highway in 4wd. I think the manual says 100k for the axles, and 150k for the trans. Obviously going to do oil and fuel, but should i go ahead and service the trans, t-case, and axles while i have it on the lift? Or would i just be pouring money down the drain? Plan to keep this truck till 200k, so i'm not afraid to spend a little $$$ on maintenance. Just replaced an engine in a 06 F-350 plow/dump with 72k miles due to a lack of maintenance, and the transmission fluid was almost black. Has me a little worried about running the full Ford spec intervals.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I recommend oil changes at 5k, fuel filters at 10, trans at 30. Diffs are up to you, but over maintaining isnt gonna hurt anything. Ask Jomax...

If you switch to Jims oil, 10k seems to be running fine on oil changes.

JRLott

Reaction score
I recommend oil changes at 5k, fuel filters at 10, trans at 30. Diffs are up to you, but over maintaining isnt gonna hurt anything. Ask Jomax...

If you switch to Jims oil, 10k seems to be running fine on oil changes.

Good info in this post.

I'm running LE8854 from Jim and the last oil change analysis was better at 12k than T6 was after 5k. Still change filters every 5k and it takes about two quarts to top it off.
It's almost time to change my fuel filters again. Changed them at about 18k last time and this will be about 36k. Then I'll get on the 10k or so recommended on here.
Did a drain and fill on the transmission at 25k with LE 1150 and changed the filter at 30k. Planning on jumping on the Jomax bandwagon of 10k drain and fills, and filters every 20k.
Thinking I'd better change the rear diff fluid fairly soon too...haven't done that yet.

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
I would most definitely not go with fords recommendation. This is what I do. Seems to be working for me really well. Truck currently has 95k miles. And is simply used hard. Truck even drank a gallon of coolant through the intake last week Because I blew my second CAC... still runs like a champ lol.

Unless you run LE oil for engine oil, I ran Mobil 1 Syn at 5k OCI

For trans 10k drain/fill, 20k drain/filter change.

Front diff, up to you. I'll be honest, this is one place I skipped, that oil doesn't get used much. I'm still on original oil. I need to change it here soon. But I'd plan on 50k oci.

Rear diff, this is one place people skip on, your rear diff is one of the most abused areas if you're tuned And tow heavy. I change it every 20-30k.

Transfer case gets done when I do my rear diff.

Engine coolant is every 36k or 3 years

Brake fluid every 36k

PS fluid. I siphon it out as much as I can and keep doing it till it's red every 36k.

Fuel filters every 10k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Good info in this post.

I'm running LE8854 from Jim and the last oil change analysis was better at 12k than T6 was after 5k. Still change filters every 5k and it takes about two quarts to top it off.
It's almost time to change my fuel filters again. Changed them at about 18k last time and this will be about 36k. Then I'll get on the 10k or so recommended on here.
Did a drain and fill on the transmission at 25k with LE 1150 and changed the filter at 30k. Planning on jumping on the Jomax bandwagon of 10k drain and fills, and filters every 20k.
Thinking I'd better change the rear diff fluid fairly soon too...haven't done that yet.

lol Jomax trans service interval. I'm going to be the happiest guy when the truck hits 100k on the original trans. Will be there in the next couple months.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
LE 8854 for the engine 10k or sample to extend
LE 1150 for trans. drain and fill every 20k filter every 40k.
LE 1150 for t case same as differentials
LE 704 for differentials. once a year or 30k.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JD3020

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, definitely gives me a better idea on what i want to do with this truck.

For the rear diff with the electronic locker, does it need any sort of additive like a clutched limited slip, or just dump in 75-140(or whatever spec is) and go?

And i haven't even crawled under to check, but is there an external trans filter like the older trucks, or just the internal?

Codydiesel

Reaction score
Rear diff needs a friction modifier added when doing a service. Factory rear diff cover or a ouo one I'll add one bottle of ford additive. If it's a larger capacity pan I'll add 1.5-2 bottles. Trans only has a internal filter.

Jomax

Reaction score
I don't add friction modifier to my rear diff with a locking rear diff. Unless you have it lock on turns, why add it?

NMSVT

Reaction score
This thread makes me think if I'm abusing my rig lol I change my oil out every 5-6.5k miles and fuel filters every other oil change. I have never done any oil change on the rear diff or front, and coolant was changed when I swapped in my mishimoto radiator at about 76k miles. Truck sits at 105k right now and runs like a champ. Truck has been ******d since about 28k miles.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, definitely gives me a better idea on what i want to do with this truck.

For the rear diff with the electronic locker, does it need any sort of additive like a clutched limited slip, or just dump in 75-140(or whatever spec is) and go?

And i haven't even crawled under to check, but is there an external trans filter like the older trucks, or just the internal?
rear diff with e locker is only locked when you flip the switch.. so no friction to worry about. besides, with LE 704, its already in it.. put it in front and rear diffs...

what transmissions have external filters?

11lifted250

Reaction score
Where can I purchase LE 704 and the other products? Sounds about time to switch all my fluids. Truck has 163,000.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
Jim is having a bit of a sale...15% off for the next couple days. Give him a call or text.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Sweet! Going to order oil now then lol. Stock up.

order it by the pail and its cheaper. get one of his transfer jugs with the stumpy spout... they work awesome as hell.. I have the big 10qt jug with pump that ui use for gear oil and I have 3 of the 5qt jugs with stumpy spout lids on them that I use for the 1150, 8730, and 8854.. if you fill the 5qt jugs all the way to the top, they hold 6qt... perfect for the chevy 6.0 gassers I service here at work all the time..

Jomax

Reaction score
order it by the pail and its cheaper. get one of his transfer jugs with the stumpy spout... they work awesome as hell.. I have the big 10qt jug with pump that ui use for gear oil and I have 3 of the 5qt jugs with stumpy spout lids on them that I use for the 1150, 8730, and 8854.. if you fill the 5qt jugs all the way to the top, they hold 6qt... perfect for the chevy 6.0 gassers I service here at work all the time..

Jim never told me about those. I'm using a funnel filling up gallon jugs LOL. It sucks. I'll have to order some.

I only order 5 gallon buckets. Not worth messing with the little stuff.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Jim never told me about those. I'm using a funnel filling up gallon jugs LOL. It sucks. I'll have to order some.

I only order 5 gallon buckets. Not worth messing with the little stuff.

yeah 10-4.. there not super cheap.. I think around 60 bucks but they are awesome and have a large opening so pouring out of a pail isn't bad at all.. no mess.. except when the pail is freshly open and full.. lol.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Or.....
c507c14a3d0abc63fde9bf8e2c00fa3c.jpg

Latest posts

Members online