Outside Air Temperature way wrong

Betarocker

Reaction score
Hey. The dash is showing outside air temp as -30C+/-, even though it is around +10C. Occurred first time this morning, and eventually the check engine light came on. Disconnected the batteries for a while, and the temperature issue is still occurring, but the CEL is off now.

What else should I look at?

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Has the passenger side mirror been hit? The sensor is in the bottom of it.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Your problem is you put a c after temps... what the hell does that mean? LOL. But seriously, seen quite a few ambient air temp sensors go out. One from impact, others just flat out chit the bed. Chances are thats your issue, but if the truck has had any body work done to the passenger front door, i would be checking the harness really close.

sootie

Reaction score
Your problem is you put a c after temps... what the hell does that mean? LOL. But seriously, seen quite a few ambient air temp sensors go out. One from impact, others just flat out chit the bed. Chances are thats your issue, but if the truck has had any body work done to the passenger front door, i would be checking the harness really close.

Ummmm at least 0 degrees is water freezing point! anything colder is minus and anything over is plus-make sense? wtf does 32 have to do with freezing?

LOL