Powerstroke214's build thread

swinky

Reaction score
Berman is Sig worthy.

Makes me want to swallow a round from my Sig 229.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Lol, dingleberryman and his LEJUND_DAIRY probz…

How many miles that thing have?

208k and the ol bish is still ticking, love the 6.0 hatahasss. Still the best value $ for $ IMO.

Unless you you have Swinky's luck…

Oh, speaking of 6Leakers, I'll fix my coolant leak too. Finally. And maybe even wedge my 4" down pipe in. I'm in a doing chit kind of mood!

Gonna make a tools list tomorrow, see what I have/can borrow and what I need to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
If I had this luck with any other motor it would have a cracked piston (6.4) or a broke rod (6.7)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Sooo, stupid me didn't think to make sure that the late model turbo would drop into the early trucks, soooo, currently without truck, since I refuse to put the old turbo back in. Initially had 2 options: 1) guy at a local shop checked to see if he had one, but all of the ones he had were junk(seals etc), but I was going to drop it in today. 2). wait for EGR delete and oil cooler and more to get here, and on an 03 from off the forums.

Looks like option 2 it is. Thought about getting a used pmax, but most are $700+ and I'd need to retune for it, and I'm broke/too cheap for that chiz.

Obviously a stupid mistake on my part, but I actually enjoyed the work. Two turbos pulled and reinstalled in 3 total days(started late every day, maybe 15 total hrs, including lunch, facebooking, buying tools, looking for tools and being mechanically inept) and the ic boots held on the 04 truck to 24psi, so no hood dent or chit stains on the seat. Probably pulled the turbo on the 04 in around an hour's time too :pimp:

When it goes back together, it SHOULD have:
STC fitting
Standpipes
Dummy plugs
Absolute EGR delete(delta kit & oil cooler fitting)
OEM oil cooler and gaskets
03 turbo
Riff raff metal cold side pipe and ic boots all around(since I'll be waiting, I may polish them...)

Coy also suggested I try a wicked wheel in the 03, any thoughts? Worth the money?

I think Swinky had some experience there?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Ordering a powermax from Jason@gracing in the am. I'll just run the pmax and stock sticks, and save up to send it to barder in a year or so(hopefully) and get new injectors.

Now exactly what I was wanting to do, but an 03($350) and WW2($250) was a little too spendy for a gamble IMO. It'd be just my luck, the 03 was in crappy shape and in need of a rebuild. And then I'd still have to shell out $1600 for a BTS stg2. I figure this'll be the most economical way.

Powermax+stock bolts…

YOLO!!

sootie

Reaction score
hey-there is a cheap set of warren 175/stock injectors that loboost has in the classifieds. work great with powermax and you have a set of working injectors you could trade him...

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
hey-there is a cheap set of warren 175/stock injectors that loboost has in the classifieds. work great with powermax and you have a set of working injectors you could trade him...

I know, but I honestly didn't want to spend pmax money lol, and I want at least 30% nozzles. I don't mind waiting longer for them though. Not rushing anything. Lol, still waiting for headstuds.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Psh. I ain't no bish nikka!

LOL

I'm waiting on Corb's stupid, badass Harley truck to get finished. I think I'm next in line, gotta check w/ Jason, I forget.

swinky

Reaction score
Wicked wheel is waisted money. My 03 turbo with stock wheel still ran better than my dads 04.5 with wicked wheel.

Latest posts

Members online