13 Platinum build… long read but worth it

vrog

Reaction score
Beautiful truck! Just curious as to why you left the buckets of the headlights chrome?

I went back and forth with that for a while. Nobody had it done like that yet that I could find so I went with it. There were already several out there with white buckets and black projectors. Just trying to be different I guess. I'm already thinking of sending them back to Retro Shop to change them up because I saw a set on here that I love.

jcain

Reaction score
Ive had chrome buckets for 2 years now. I think the chrome bucket keeps it all a little more incognito. Nice truck sir.

IMG_184554740406572.jpeg

Last edited:

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Beautiful truck! Love the chrome in the headlights, almost looks stock until you really look and see the projectors. The black platinum trim and the taillights looks sooooo good! Just like the SDP SEMA Dually. Awesome!

jordan572

Reaction score
I went back and forth with that for a while. Nobody had it done like that yet that I could find so I went with it. There were already several out there with white buckets and black projectors. Just trying to be different I guess. I'm already thinking of sending them back to Retro Shop to change them up because I saw a set on here that I love.

:rockon:, you've caught the cartel bug. Dude's just terrible isn't he? I'm loving that truck, right on the edge of all out and daily driver just how it should be. Glad you found the right forum to post on, lot of good people on this one.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Yeah I plow my driveway, my parents and a good friend of mine. I'm going to have to figure something out with the taller tires and additional lift. It worked with the 35's and the lift now the 37's and 1" spacers may be a bit too much

You can try adjusting the plow to the lowest pin, bit it may be a tough angle still. If you could find some cheap wheels and smaller tired for the winter it may help. Otherwise you might have to modify the push plates or extend the plow mount and extend the hoist chains. Just some thoughts.

Still a beautiful truck!

vrog

Reaction score
You can try adjusting the plow to the lowest pin, bit it may be a tough angle still. If you could find some cheap wheels and smaller tired for the winter it may help. Otherwise you might have to modify the push plates or extend the plow mount and extend the hoist chains. Just some thoughts.

Still a beautiful truck!

I can't be bothered changing wheels lol. I'm going to try all of your other suggestion though! I will make sure to post a vid with a nice rooster tail of snow while plowing. That ought to be a funny one. The truck is almost too nice. to plow.

I picked up a pallet of cement the other day and the guy was like " you really want me to put this pallet in your truck" I guess he thought it was too nice.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Nice looking truck man. What part of RI you from? I'm in Somerset, about 10 min from East Providence.