6.0 intermittent no crank and Limp mode

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
Hey guys Im new to 6.0 so take it easy on me if I ask silly questions.

03 6.0 studded and deleted, It will start about half the time, and half the time it will not even crank. Pulled codes and it says its failing pre-check but won't tell me what is failing. I has a couple other codes, cylinders 1 and 3 have a code that says something like its not getting fuel, blanking on what exactly is says right now. And KAM code. So once it starts it idles rough, and when you drive it the truck will only go about 50mph tops floored. I put it on the trailer last night and would barely drive up the trailer Pic for your fun.

I have a list of things to check but if you guys have any more suggestions that would be helpful.

Things to check, EBP, ICP, FICM, IPR, MAP, Fan Clutch sensor. Anything else?

10957553_10152530967956946_4153942903525477249_n_zpsb2815f78.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
fuel pressure and check all power connections. if it won't crank then you could have intermittent power issues, batt cables etc. get a reading on what you have listed and go from there. Don't guess cause that gets expensive.

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
Alright, just got done checking the FICM, it's pulling 48V but it's a 4 pin on an 03. I thought 03 and early 04 had 7 pin. Would that be causing the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
Ok guys did a little more digging, FICM is from a late 04+ and is sending the right volts. From what I read that is ok. Not the fan clutch, not the ipr. All connection look good, it fired right up for me today but still had low power. Fuel filter looks old will replace tomorrow. I'm calling it a night but here are the codes.

P0275
P1000
P2269

Any help would be great thanks agin

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
Injectors are bad, not sure why it gave a no crank but it's starting every time now just need to replace the injectors. I have them ordered should be here this week

TX_6.0

Reaction score
I had the same issue turned out the stupid mechanic that I bought the truck from left one of the boots off the driver's side lower intercooler pipe. New clamp, reattached the boot, and all the boost I can handle for now until I start doing upgrades.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
I do have a code reader, had it hooked up to mine and a really nice snap on tool and still no codes. I have checked both fuel and oil pressure and they are good at idle and under load.

Latest posts

Members online