5R110W No Pressure any gear

TequilaBill

Reaction score
I've searched this forum and many others, and can't get solid info on this. I have an '04 F250 6.0. It had been running rough, with "jerky" moments at speed, and trouble accelerating. Starting throwing codes for shift solenoid D. Yesterday, I lost reverse. I limped home and found solenoid D and C codes. Replaced both, still no reverse. Replaced the reverse solenoid. Still no reverse. Researched and discovered line pressure . . . tested that and I have zero in any position on the column. Replaced the PC-A, still no pressure. I am NOT a tranny guy, so all of this is a bit confusing to me. From searching, I'm guessing the pump is a likely candidate for being the culprit. Anything else? Do I spring for a pump and hope that's it, or is there a way I can test? I'm getting deep enough into this that it might have been cheaper to just buy a rebuilt tranny, but hoping to avoid that.

Thanks in advance!

sootie

Reaction score
If you have no pressure, the pump isn't working. Regardless you have to drop the transmission.

TequilaBill

Reaction score
Thanks, Sootie and Mark.

Picking up the rebuild kit this afternoon. Going to drop the trans this morning (or at least get started). Opted to rebuild it myself . . . wish me luck =)

Latest posts

Members online