Moisture in Headlight

BigNiner19

Reaction score
I have OEM Harley headlights on my 08' Super Duty. The passenger side light never has any condensation ever. However, after heavy storms or driving in the rain, my drivers side headlight does get foggy and beads up with some moisture inside.

I run HID's and thought maybe the HID isn't sealing inside the back of the headlight well, so I took some silicone paste (basically dielectric grease) and sealed it (or so I thought)

When I take a blow dryer to dry out the inside of the light I cannot feel any air escaping around the lense anywhere?

Anyone have some ideas? I have a feeling it may still be somehow getting in through the headlight in back where the HID clicks in. Unless somehow an OEM light isnt sealed around the lense correctly?

08Monster

Reaction score
Check all bulb connection as well as the seals, if thats not it, its a cracked headlight, or the seal from the lens to the back plastic part is shot. Bake the light in the over to split it, clean the grooves, and reseal it with silicone and press the lights together overnight

BigNiner19

Reaction score
E9FDC438-9D0F-4220-9D32-D05D13371EDE_zpssiwmhjef.jpg

3DB4D2A2-0C71-4A4B-8CE4-BBE3B73869BC_zpsdh8ajuy8.jpg

florida 6.0

Reaction score
I seem to always get the leaking head light or tail light . If you need to find the leak take it off and fill it with water . Wherever it drips out silicone it .