4WD Solenoid Wiring Failure

jkeselis

Reaction score
So my 4wd solenoid wiring must have rubbed up against the serpentine belt and wore through due to my poor job of re-securing it after changing the radiator. I fixed the damaged lengths of wire but my solenoid still wont trigger. At some point in the last month or so it must have shorted when i attempted to switch into 4wd but at the time i didnt realize it. i noticed tow/haul didnt work, checked the fuses, it was blown and i replaced it. always wondered why that had happened but now it makes sense since the 4wd solenoid and tow/haul are on the same fuse. Back to the solenoid plug. i get 12v out of the center port of the 3 port plug but nothing from the left or right side. Sadly i cant find much pertaining to voltage or a wiring schematic. So my question is... any ideas before i start digging through wiring all the way back through the firewall for a shorted wire? 4wd does "engage" or at least the truck thinks so and the light comes up along with the transfer case switching so i'm guessing its not the switch. and yes, no fuses are blown pertaining to the 4wd. lol thanks beforehand for any input! much appreciated!
-John

madman1234509

Reaction score
My solenoid was bad on my 2010 when I bought it. It would work in 4wd with the hubs locked, but the auto function wouldn't work. I just replaced the solenoid and it fixed it. All we did testing wise is made sure my lines werent cracked or leaking bu pulling vaccum on them with a hand held squeeze pump. I think the solenoids going bad is kind of common.

Latest posts

Members online