Oil cooler granaded

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Oil cooler grenaded

Have an 08 6.4 that must have lost the oil cooler. Cooling system full of oil spilling out degas bottle. Anything other than replace the cooler and flush flush flush? Oil coming out of hoses and radiator hoses, as I start to disassemble. The oil is black not grey like some of the worst 6.0 coolers I have seen let go.

Last edited:

Stroked777

Reaction score
Replace and flush the hell out of it. Aslong as it's oil in the coolant everything bearing wise should be fine as long as you didn't run it without oil in the pan

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
All the rubber coolant hoses will have to be replaced, heater core, radiator and so on. All the hard plastic lines will be fine. But the rubber ones will have to go, the oil makes them fall apart.

Reaction score
It's the oil cooler. Front cover would but coolant in the oil. Get yourself a gallon to dish soap to flush with. I would do hoses and thermostats. Radiator and Heater core should flush out and be okay.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I was referring to heater core / radiator hoses not the radiator / heater core itself having to be replaced. Those can be cleaned out, also pull the block drains and get all that crap in the bottom of the block flushed out.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Its definitely oil in the coolant. Starts runs fine, on and off the trailer. I'm gonna pull the cab. Oil is clean actually. No oil in the coolant.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Its definitely oil in the coolant. Starts runs fine, on and off the trailer. I'm gonna pull the cab. Oil is clean actually. No oil in the coolant.

:confused:

my Job 2 08 F350 had oil cooler and a lot of cooling system updates done around 90k because of a ruptured oil cooler (at least according to the Oasis report)

Latest posts

Members online