Need help, truck won't crank or turnover

nickg3130

Reaction score
Well, to start the post I'll give some background on the situation. My buddy (strauss93) has an 08 6.4 that we are thinking has a head gasket problem because it's puking out the degas bottle. We took it for a quick ride and pulled over to load a tune and the tuner lost communication with the truck and wouldn't load. Tried to return it to stock and got nothing. Then we tried to turn it over and we got no crank and the PATS light (anti-theft) is blinking. We had a few codes that said lost communication with PCM/tcm and such but those went away after clearing them. Now the truck won't start even when jumping out the starter. We want to get it started before we pull the cab. Please let me know if you guys have any ideas so we can get the ball rolling on this. Thanks.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Well, to start the post I'll give some background on the situation. My buddy (strauss93) has an 08 6.4 that we are thinking has a head gasket problem because it's puking out the degas bottle. We took it for a quick ride and pulled over to load a tune and the tuner lost communication with the truck and wouldn't load. Tried to return it to stock and got nothing. Then we tried to turn it over and we got no crank and the PATS light (anti-theft) is blinking. We had a few codes that said lost communication with PCM/tcm and such but those went away after clearing them. Now the truck won't start even when jumping out the starter. We want to get it started before we pull the cab. Please let me know if you guys have any ideas so we can get the ball rolling on this. Thanks.

Fried TCM or PCM. PATS is blinking? does the read light for the gear selector turn on with the key? Is all the icons popping up on the cluster screen? Its probably possible to recover with IDS but IDK on that. When my spartan lost communication on my dually Spartan told me to just replace it.

nickg3130

Reaction score
Fried TCM or PCM. PATS is blinking? does the read light for the gear selector turn on with the key? Is all the icons popping up on the cluster screen? Its probably possible to recover with IDS but IDK on that. When my spartan lost communication on my dually Spartan told me to just replace it.

Nope the shifter indicators do not light up at all. I might find a tcm and have my buddy throw it in because that's what we're suspecting.

bigbeanOBS

Reaction score
Just checked those fuses on the truck (Strauss93) herd from his friend to check and the all came back good event pullin them and testing them with ohm meter

Sent from my iPhone fixing trucks

bigbeanOBS

Reaction score
Pulled the harness and checked the pins all look to be in tact and cleans them with electrical spray and air dried them (batteries disconnected) also

Sent from my iPhone fixing trucks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.