Thinking about getting into a 17-19 6.7... any issues?

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Yep... Has he had the truck back to Ford, I'd assume so. What did they say on the hard shifts?

I was talking about his yukon actually. It's been to gm dealers multiple times. It's just a thing with the 8 speed transmissions. it sucks. The "fix" didn't work so they issues a tsb telling dealers just to wait for the new fix.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I have discovered my very late 17' F350 leaks water through the cab lights
There was a tsb or ssm on this, the lights got replaced with different style ones that sealed to the roof, instead of just kinda sitting on top if it. They had a glued on seal on the new ones.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
I was talking about his yukon actually. It's been to gm dealers multiple times. It's just a thing with the 8 speed transmissions. it sucks. The "fix" didn't work so they issues a tsb telling dealers just to wait for the new fix.
Well at least it'll get fixed eventually, still out of control tho. You buy something new to not have to worry about stuff

Black AOD

Reaction score
There was a tsb or ssm on this, the lights got replaced with different style ones that sealed to the roof, instead of just kinda sitting on top if it. They had a glued on seal on the new ones.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Good to know. Thank You Sir.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
My dad's 2015 gmc yukon denali's qc was SHIIIIIIT. Bolt punched up through the carpet in the back. Trim falling off. Doors don't line up. Sharkfin leaks. GPS didn't work and took 2 trips to fix. And the trans still has issues after tons of visits to the dealer.

They all have major issues right now.

Wow and I was considering a CPO Yukon Denali for the wife.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Wow and I was considering a CPO Yukon Denali for the wife.

The 8 speed transmissions are the biggest issue. My cousin had one and had the same issues. The qc might have been one off, and a cpo probably has all the little stuff fixed.

It is a blast to drive though. It rips on the highway, 85 is effortless, and it rides so nice you forget how fast you’re going. I really really like the vehicle besides the little issues.

mattymx

Reaction score
I'm coming from the 6.0 world and thinking about buying a 17-19 6.7 soon. Is there any issues with them worth noting? Anything I should be looking for? Any tips etc, I'd appreciate it.

Oh what's with the people freaking out about having clean fuel? Is the oem fuel filters not good or something?

Where do you live???

Do you have a good hook up to get a truck?