Fuel pump, piping kit and turbo lag

ccraver

Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the forum. I’ve got a 13 6.7 that I just installed a 64.5 MPD budget turbo kit on. I’m not stoked with the lag so I’m hoping that a piping kit helps some with that. Who has the best deal on piping kits for the truck and what’s the best fuel pump option to max out stock injectors and 64.5mm turbo? I’m running no limit tunes on an sct shift on the fly set up. Truck is fully ******d.
588f41888695b1f2795c42445eb3e5d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
Exergy Stroker pump. Did you get tune revisions for the non vgt turbo? If not you need to. A non vgt won’t spoil as quick as vgt, that’s just life but they can still spool pretty decent. A piping kit won’t help that much but get with no limit or mpd for piping.

jcain

Reaction score
Rcd pump.

But a pump isn't necessarily going to help it spool. Did the guy selling you the turbo kit not explain that it'd spool slower, no matter what?

Did you return the truck with the new turbo? Very necessary.

ccraver

Reaction score
I did get new tunes for the non vgt turbo. I was told it would be more laggy than the vgt and it’s not horrible. Just a little more than I’d like with all the city driving I do. I was told a piping kit would help by getting rid of all the dead head spaces and making it easier to get air in the turbo. Also I’d like to make as much power as I can on the stock injectors and the 64.5mm turbo. What’s the cheapest route to go on fuel pump? I was told the 15 upgrade would be leaving a lot of power on the table and I should look into an aftermarket set up. Thanks for the help guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will@Rudy'sDiesel

Reaction score
I would go with the RCD stroker pump if you are not wanting to go with a dual pump set up. Give us a shout at the shop and I will be more than happy to go over the options that are available for you. Thanks - Zak

Latest posts

Members online