Rear end alignment

powerstroke 825

Reaction score
Ok I have a crew can short bed with 20x10's and I used to have a 2.5" level on the truck. I noticed one day when I was driving behind my truck that the passenger side rear tire stuck out more than the driver side. It dosent drive weird or anything. I took the level off of it thinking maybe that had something to do with it. I also pulled the blocks out of the rear now too. It still sits like this. Any suggestions?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
If you look at most vehicles, more so with a solid axle in the back, are like that. Unless it has been wrecked I would not worry about it.
You notice this a lot on them when trying to shove the biggest wheel and tire combo in the fender and have to order 2 different offset wheels.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
My 08 was the same way the right rear tire was closer to the back of the fender than the left side, same thing with the lift ect, i ended up drilling my block differently so it would reloacate it correctly. I dont know if the hangers arent welded to the frame right or what.

i was told that my truck dog tracked as well.

I dont have a good answer for you sorry

powerstroke 825

Reaction score
Its not that mine is forward or backward. If you stand behind the truck you can see more tread on the passenger tire than you can on the driver side tire if you look from the rear fender down. The truck does not drive weird or anything it just bugs me because i know its like that. Its fairly close to 1/2" off so im just going to throw a spacer on that one wheel and see what happens

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Break out the tape measure and check the side position of the housing. Sounds like your spring pedestals aren't aligned side-side on the axle properly. Maybe one of the dowls is broken?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Like I said many vehicles are like this. You have an axle with (2) points that screw with it then on the frame you have (4) points. Anything off from production or assembly could cause it. Best way is measure from the hub to the frame. 3/8" is not uncommon. If side to side dont worry too much. If is bugs you look at the bed and see if you can slide it over some.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
Ok I have a crew can short bed with 20x10's and I used to have a 2.5" level on the truck. I noticed one day when I was driving behind my truck that the passenger side rear tire stuck out more than the driver side. It dosent drive weird or anything. I took the level off of it thinking maybe that had something to do with it. I also pulled the blocks out of the rear now too. It still sits like this. Any suggestions?

its the bed the holes for the bed bolts are quite a bit bigger than bolts loosen them up(sometimes a real pain) and move it to where you want it then retighten

nickg3130

Reaction score
Ok i just found this thread. I have noticed since i got my truck back the rear is similar to the OPs. Sticks out a little more on the passenger side. Idk if it was like that before the wreck and i didnt notice it but now i do. It has new leaf springs (realigned) in it as well as new 5" blocks from trevor. The procomp blocks i had in it were trashed from their sketchy traction bar set up. Truck drives straight as an arrow, just annoys me when looking at it honestly. Is throwing a 1/2" spacer on the driver side sketcky or?