VGT Issues

groove

Reaction score
Ok, so after the full rebuild of my engine I am getting a few DTC codes relevant to the HP turbo. They are as follows:

P2263
P2563

I have replaced the EBP and MAP sensors with no help (although it seemed better for a day or so after the EBP was swapped)
EBP tube is clean and clear, VGT actuator moves freely.
Truck is sometimes laggy and smokey off idle, but sometimes makes 25+psi with only light throttle (overboost condition).

Just today a P0472 showed up...I was watching back pressure on my MiniMax and it was 0 at idle a couple times but seemed to respond instantly to throttle input.
I have a VGT actuator on order, as even though it moves freely I originally thought this was the root of the problem. It seems to cycle funny at key on so I thought I would try that.
HP turbo passes a little oil on the compressor side, so I will pull it and rebuild it shortly - I don't think its bad enough to limit performance though.
Looking for thoughts and opinions please :)

jtpappy

Reaction score
Maybe cause you disconnected the engine harness? Not sure but give it a try real quick and report how it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

groove

Reaction score
So, updated mini max and reloaded everything. Went for a rip and still have P0472 code.
Seems my 2263 and 2563 didn't show up this time (only a few miles though).
My EBP sensor is new, less than 1000km on it. Watching on the mini max it is lazy at throttle tip in but then seems to respond well. Wonder if I have a wiring issue?

groove

Reaction score
Well, went and wiggled a bunch of connections and harnesses and guess what...no problems now.
Just have to figure out if something is chaffed or a connection is no good but WOW it sure is nice to have the power back!

groove

Reaction score
I had a broken connection at the EBP Sensor. Check those.

had the p2563 code appear again and wiggled the EBP sensor connection and it went away, so I am suspect that its shot.
Can this plug be purchased by itself and spliced into the harness?

groove

Reaction score
Will find the box and give you the manufacture name and PN
Common as TPS sensor for early 90's chev V8 I believe

groove

Reaction score
manufactures name is BWD Automotive and PN is PT217
my local auto parts store had it out on the rack, so shouldn't be too hard to find

mpowerstroke

Reaction score
New at this sorry if I am doing this wrong but I'm wondering if when I unplug my turbo actuator to keep my turbo veins open it's going to throw a code, this I know . My question is when I go to plug it back in will the codes reset themselves or will I need to clear them myself

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.