flushing cooling system questions

twitch02x

Reaction score
This will be my third time to do this in less then a year, I have two gallons of restore and two gallons of restore plus, and about 50 gallons of distilled water, and 5 new coolant filters.

Is it better to do the flushing with filter in place or remove it??

Plan to leave thermostats in while I have the chemicals in just because I can never get the truck up to temp without them. Will remove them to do back flush and straight water flushing.

I plan to do it in this order, drain coolant, flush with hose water a few times to remove all coolant, add one gallon of restore and fill with distilled water and drive for 2 hours, drain and flush with distilled and replace filter, one other gallon of restore and drive for 2 hours again, drain and flush with distilled and replace filter again, do same thing with the two gallons of restore plus. And I'll do a few distilled flushes to remove all chemicals then fill with coolant.

Can chemical sit in truck all day at work in between the hour drive to and from work or is that not good.
I'm on third cooler and I don't know what else to do they keep gettin plugged, truck would run 255 eot when I bought it, 1000 miles after first cooler change back up to 240, 3000 after second cooler back up to 220. I Want it within 5 of coolant like it should be.
I hAve flushed with simple green cascade restore plus but still doesn't fix it.
Any advice appreciated

If this does not work I'll have to buy the bulletproof cooler kit.

twitch02x

Reaction score
Not sure what it is getting plugged with I'm assuming its from the severely neglected cooling system from before buying the truck. Have not checked sensor but on dead cold truck eot and ect is same

twitch02x

Reaction score
What's the best way to back flush heater core, and do the 08-10 trucks have a valve blocking off the heater core from the factory

Latest posts

Members online