Keyless entry code

vr6dub

Reaction score
Noooo........... Remove the passenger kick panel, there's a computer box bolted there with a bunch of harnesses connected to it, you can either unbolt that whole mess or loosen the bottom bolt if I remember correctly and stick your cell phone up there and take a picture of the white sticker on the sheet metal side of the unit. There's a bunch of numbers but it's the only 5 digit number by its lonesome. Least that's how it is on my 08. :)

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
ford IDS is the safe route. most likely any dealer with half a heart will let you pull in, plug in , and tell you.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Have the owners manual? All vehicles that I've been in and looked at/in the owners manual fabric case for whatever reason has had a card with the generic, non-changeable, code for the vehicle in it. Easier than anything else mentioned and only takes 20 seconds to check.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Noooo........... Remove the passenger kick panel, there's a computer box bolted there with a bunch of harnesses connected to it, you can either unbolt that whole mess or loosen the bottom bolt if I remember correctly and stick your cell phone up there and take a picture of the white sticker on the sheet metal side of the unit. There's a bunch of numbers but it's the only 5 digit number by its lonesome. Least that's how it is on my 08. :)

This!! It may take 10mins. I use the bore scope so I don't have to move the box very much. It's a small 5 digit code towards the bottom of the white label.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
ford IDS is the safe route. most likely any dealer with half a heart will let you pull in, plug in , and tell you.
That's what I figured good thing I have a connection at a local ford truck dealer.

Have the owners manual? All vehicles that I've been in and looked at/in the owners manual fabric case for whatever reason has had a card with the generic, non-changeable, code for the vehicle in it. Easier than anything else mentioned and only takes 20 seconds to check.

If the card was in there I wouldn't be asking so stfu berman

This!! It may take 10mins. I use the bore scope so I don't have to move the box very much. It's a small 5 digit code towards the bottom of the white label.

Might do this first. Not sure when I'd be able to get to the truck dealer

Musclemckeester

Reaction score

I did this as well to find my code.

WatchCmdr

Reaction score
I didn't know if you knew about the card or not. No reason to be an ass about it

Ditto this post.

What kind of an AH is a jerk to someone who was only trying to help. Just joined this community and hope to not see this kind of junk very often.

Got your back Berman!

-Rob
"De Oppresso Liber"

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Ditto this post.

What kind of an AH is a jerk to someone who was only trying to help. Just joined this community and hope to not see this kind of junk very often.

Got your back Berman!

-Rob
"De Oppresso Liber"

You're new here, so you don't know the kind of stupid sh!t berman spews on a regular basis.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Well I wasn't expecting full on douchebaggery when I answered an honest question by stating something that no one else had said yet.

WatchCmdr

Reaction score
One of the things I love about being a diesel truck owner is the kindness shown to me by others on forums such as this. I have learned so much from experienced techs on Diesel Stop and other sites. I have never seen someone stoop to insults when others simply offer suggestions.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Looked up code on the back of the fuse panel, it doesn't work. Only option now is ford?

Latest posts

Members online