Back up sensors

1sicpsd

Reaction score
I know I'm pry a lil ocd to worry about this but I realized yesterday when I put the truck in reverse the sensor automatically goes to off. Witch I'm guessing that means one is bad. I just replaced one a few weeks back as I broke it taking it off. So Is there Anyway I can test it? a fuse I can pull so it never lights up Or should I just go send a $140 dollars on a new one and try each one.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Subbed. Mine use to work flawlessly. And then one day they just stopped working and did the same thing, automatically shut off. Some time they work for a few beeps then shut off. Does anyone know anyway of testing them? Like checking each one with a ohm meter or something?

Jbird

Reaction score
Try searching next time. I found it on here when i had problems. Have someone sit in the truck and put it in reverse with the ignition on. Each sensor should make a clicking noise. If not replace it.

Obviously youll want to check your wire harness for the sensors and make sure everything is connected properly

Stroked777

Reaction score
I hate the search function on this site. I used it a could of times and took me longer to find an answer than it did to post a thread and get a response

Jbird

Reaction score
No worries. For your sake i hope its just a bad sensor. Trying to find a bad wire is such an annoying job sometimes

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Do like Jbird said and with the key on and engine off set park brake and put it in reverse. Walk back and put your ear up to the sensor. It should be clicking really fast if you're right against it. If not it's a bad sensor.

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

Jbird

Reaction score
Yea thats a lot for a little sensor seems like. After i found out a price i just used my reverse camera and made the beep noise myself lmao

Latest posts

Members online