HELP!Puking cooland/EGR ******d/passed HG pressure test

MattDavis

Reaction score
Alright guys I am about ready to give up and trade this truck in please help.

Heres the story.

Bought this 2008 F350 Three years ago with 90,000 miles on it. ******d the *** and bought a mini maxx and turned off the EGR. Truck ran like a champ up until 2 months ago.

Truck started overheating 2 months ago while towing my 16K Toy hauler. Truck was a gallon low on coolant. Due to corrosion at the battery terminal I believe it has been puking coolant for a while now.

Ok so I add coolant still having problems with coolant loss and overheating. Change oil (No Coolant in the oil), Do a coolant flush and switch to Shell ELC, and install sinister diesel coolant filter kit. Still loosing coolant and over heating.

Towing my jeep on a trailer so lets say 9K lbs. Truck temps would run about 7 delta for thirty minutes that start pulling apart and overheating running over 75mph. If I backed it down to around 70MPH EOT would cool back down to around 210 and stay there if I didnt try to go faster. Still Loosing Coolant.

Last weekend I get around to fully ******** the EGR and installing new thermostats. I had a 200 mile drive this weekend and my temps held a constant EOT 207 and Coolant ran 199. I didnt have a load to tow but ran it at 85 MPH and its the first moderately warm temperatures here in Texas. Im thinking that Im good to go and Ive fixed the problem because Im not overheating any more. Get there and open the hood there is no coolant in the bottle and its looks like it all puked out the cap.

Yes Ive replace the cap, Ive tried the sinister diesel one and one from O'reillys.

So this weekend I plumb in a pressure gauge to test the head gaskets. get the system to pressurize and hold at 15 PSI. No matter how hard a mashed on the throttle It would not spike or move past 15 PSI.

What the hell do I do now?????

kleake

Reaction score
I'm guessing your gauge may be off or the cap may be off by 1-2 psi. The cap should hold to 16 before letting off the excess. How quick after starting the truck does the psi come up? I've had HG issues before myself, now that they are fixed I'm usually only at 3-5psi until towing. Then I'll see up to 9, maybe hit 11 under heavy throttle but drop right back to 9 the instant I ease off. If you are in the teens and puking out the cap, HG is my guess.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
if your egr coolers are still in place, one could've cracked and is both pressurizing the coolant and burning some as well. Any white smoke?

More than likely your headgaskets are gone though...

Latest posts

Members online