Upgraded Power Steering Pump Installed

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
Which PS pump/pulley on Rock Auto? Seeing BBB Industries for $158

I got lucky, the bracket I bought came with the correct pulley.

If I had to buy the pulley I would have purchased BBB INDUSTRIES 7120116A2
Just to get the pulley.

Then I was going to order MOTORCRAFT STP168RM for the power steering pump.

Just got back from 3100 mile vacation. Brakes and steering are amazing. Love driving this truck.

obstowrig

Reaction score
I got lucky, the bracket I bought came with the correct pulley.

If I had to buy the pulley I would have purchased BBB INDUSTRIES 7120116A2
Just to get the pulley.

Then I was going to order MOTORCRAFT STP168RM for the power steering pump.

Just got back from 3100 mile vacation. Brakes and steering are amazing. Love driving this truck.

Glad to find this post about someone who has done these mods. I've been researching many of the same for a while-the van power steering pump upgrade and larger van brakes in the front and hydroboost. also have a KC stage one turbo on my want list. probably will keep my stock injectors for now so i was going to go with a stage one and probably the .84 housing. not 100 percent yet on the housing size yet.

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
Glad to find this post about someone who has done these mods. I've been researching many of the same for a while-the van power steering pump upgrade and larger van brakes in the front and hydroboost. also have a KC stage one turbo on my want list. probably will keep my stock injectors for now so i was going to go with a stage one and probably the .84 housing. not 100 percent yet on the housing size yet.

Kind of deraling the thread but I have the Stage 1 KC with .84 housing, I would recomend. KC website says if you cruise at 2500 rpm or less then use the .84, if you are running higher rpms then get the 1.0

Haven't heard about the van brakes.

Gotta say with my factory front brakes and E350 rear brakes I cannot imagine stopping getting any better. But then I haven't towed much with it since all the changes either.

TERRCO

Reaction score
Kind of deraling the thread but I have the Stage 1 KC with .84 housing, I would recomend. KC website says if you cruise at 2500 rpm or less then use the .84, if you are running higher rpms then get the 1.0

Haven't heard about the van brakes.

Gotta say with my factory front brakes and E350 rear brakes I cannot imagine stopping getting any better. But then I haven't towed much with it since all the changes either.

Rear disc brakes is probably high on the list of the best mods I ever did. It was hard building the brackets to weld on the axle because I don’t have a CNC for that kind of stuff. It was well worth the headache in the end. And yes .84 will spool up quicker with small injectors .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CANbus

Reaction score
I would call Lee’s and talk with them. Just being an 8 rib pulley won’t do it, it has to have the right offset too. The 7.3 van pulley is scarce. I have 2, I can get dimensions if needed. I know the 6.0 pump will work but the pulley from the 6.0 won’t.
Any chance you could measure these and post up the dimensions? I'm looking at the entire list of Dorman pulleys and would like to see if one matches.

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score

CANbus

Reaction score
Just an alternative.

I bought the entire pump off Rock Auto for just the pulley. After screwing with shipping might cost $50.

Simple and easy.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...4496,steering,power+steering+pump+pulley,7381

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=7044904&cc=1354496&pt=7380&jsn=1027
Do you know if that pulley is the right one? I've seen those, but it lists compatibility with the gas engines too. The gas engines have different pulley size than the diesel. I see it lists the F series as well.

Last edited:

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
That takes me to all of the pumps. A brand and part number would work easier.
Looking through that list, of the pumps that come with pulleys it looks like BBB INDUSTRIES 7120116A2 would be the cheapest option.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.