Fords built in trailer TPMS

Wizbangdoodle

Reaction score
I have them on my trailer. The sensors came with the truck (Platinum). I think you can get the same sensors that are in the truck and those will work just fine.

Oh, and when you get to training the sensors, get the little training fob. Takes the frustration out of training.

Reaction score
I have them on my trailer. The sensors came with the truck (Platinum). I think you can get the same sensors that are in the truck and those will work just fine.

Oh, and when you get to training the sensors, get the little training fob. Takes the frustration out of training.
I saw the fob on Amazon, looked like a gimmick, thanks for the advise, looks like the gimmick is legit. Now I just gotta find a good source to make sure I'm getting quality sensors.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

kleake

Reaction score
Do these trailer sensors work without the special harness and remote box? Basically add the sensors to the trailer, train them to the truck and you are good to go or?

Reaction score
Do these trailer sensors work without the special harness and remote box? Basically add the sensors to the trailer, train them to the truck and you are good to go or?
I believe you have to have the factory option of the ultimate trailer tow. However may be something that can be turned on through forscan?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

kleake

Reaction score
I have the package on the truck, however they sell a kit for the trailer that is 4 sensors, harness, plug, and a box that mounts on the trailer. I'm wondering if you can just add the sensors to the trailer without any additional wiring and such. Range would be a question, but at least one of my trailers is pretty short.

Wizbangdoodle

Reaction score
I think the sensors should work if you have the trailer package on the truck. You'll know it will work if you can bring up the train sensor menu.

kleake

Reaction score
When I go into trailer tire pressure settings, it says "Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor Capability Not Detected". So i'm guessing it requires the trailer module to be plugged in. I pull 3 different trailers on a regular basis and was hoping to not have to buy 3 kits at $350 per, and have an additional cord for each. I wonder if i could have the module at the back of the truck plugged in all of the time, and have 12 sensors (4 for each trailer) registered to it? My previous system I used screw on sensors on each trailer and it would read the ones available. I liked it, but trying to get away from the screw on sensors and the module on the dash.

Wizbangdoodle

Reaction score
That's a question for someone else. I don't know how that module works and whether you can "mobilize" it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.