sct sf3 and weight loss pipe

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
got the sct from another member on here and ordered the pipe from you guys last friday and it showed up today. got everything installed today..

holy ***in chit does this thing light quick and rolls out.. im used to a 450-470hp 7.3 and this is prolly with it or beyond it. wont know for sure till i hit a track somewhere but dam i am impressed with what just a tuner and a pipe will do for these trucks... its on the extreme tune. it was dark already so i couldn't see if it smokes bad or not so that will be tomorrows quest..

im sure my limits now are my airbox.. didnt run it with the stock airbox to see if it would pull the minder in or not.. but a few months back i got an extra air box from a member and i cut the bottom out of it so that it is open right at the bottom of the filter all the way across it.. doesnt pull the minder at all.. so prolly good enough for now..

didnt have any issues what so ever with dtc's on the truck.. once i got the truck into my buddies shop i shut it off and fallowed the directions for the sct to a T and after it was done loading the extreme tune i got under the hood and unplugged the orange connector on the egr and on the butterfly/intake valve.. oh, and by the way, that black housing that the coolant lines are connected to that sits on top of the intake tube is NOT detachable.. i thought it popped out of the intake and i was way way wrong.. i broke it to chit so it has appoxy holding it back together till i make my intake for it.. but after i got done fiddle forkin around with that i started on the dpf and sensors.. didnt take long at all.. i did however figure out that the nuts on the downpipe flange are welded after a few min of trying to break them loose with the impact.. so for those who dont know, its way quicker to break the bolts loose and not the nut... then i installed the straight pipe.. easy peasy.. lowered the truck and started it up sounds ok. kinda like a big block gasser... the rick flare screem is funny.. sounds just like rick is riding in the back of the truck screeming Woooooo.. lol.. and no codes came up what so ever! runs very well and shifting seems just fine to me!

also want to give a big thanks to daniel.. he has helped and answered a lot of questions!! so thanks man!!

live life full throttle