rpm issue

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Did it start without the fuse box and gem in the truck? I can't remember if they will or not. Either way. Make sure your batteries are charged,and will hold a charge, then leave the gem and fusebox unhooked. See if the batteries stay up.

They had not been in the past, correct?
batteries where to dead to start it and I don't know if it will start or not without the gem/fuse box.. I had to leave and jim was gonna study it some more..

do the 2000 excursions have them? jim has one in his yard and if they have one he will try it out..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
Excursions have them but are different "might" work for some testing.

How long did it usually take to drain batteries?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

we never payed attention to how long they drained.. jim has been supper busy and has only been able to try different things here and there.. I am home for the holiday so I stopped by his place today when he wasn't to busy to bs and tinker a lil as I didn't have a lot of time and he didn't either.. im hoping that the one out of the excursion will at least give us an idea if we are headed in the right direction or not...

jimdawg185

Reaction score

I'd say a week and a half at the longest. They were fully charged XS Power D6500s too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I'm gonna pull the one out of my EX and compare them for differences. With there were a chart or something to know of any changes.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
We're also going to parallel wore the batteries according to Ohio Gen instructions. That guy is a wizard, so I might as well give it a shot. It's unlikely that's the issue, but he said it will help the batteries charge more balanced.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
so just maybe my platinums are still ok or do you think they have been drained way to many times?

Maybe, but I'd like to leave them out of the equation until everything is kosher

Strokersace

Reaction score
GEM's are vehicle and option specific. Some features are universal, but most not. They control a lot of functionality on a pickup.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
GEM's are vehicle and option specific. Some features are universal, but most not. They control a lot of functionality on a pickup.

Should I just buy a new one then? Eliminate it as a root cause?

Strokersace

Reaction score
Should I just buy a new one then? Eliminate it as a root cause?

No not necessarily. As Seth mentioned, if you have the time and with 100%charged batteries, let it set with the GEM unplugged to see if you get your battery drain.

You could swap in the one from your ex, just don't expect things to function or work correctly. At best it would just tell you if the draw is coming from a bad GEM.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
No not necessarily. As Seth mentioned, if you have the time and with 100%charged batteries, let it set with the GEM unplugged to see if you get your battery drain.

You could swap in the one from your ex, just don't expect things to function or work correctly. At best it would just tell you if the draw is coming from a bad GEM.

Batts are being charged as we speak.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I agree with Stroker to get some fully charged batteries in it and leave the Gem unhooked to see if they stay up.

A lot of the truck Gems will interchange but some functions like rke may change.

If the batteries stay up with it unplugged I might have a replacement. Keep us posted.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

thanks for chiming in man!! I don't know how they go bad or if they just burn up or what but there was barely a hint of that smell you get from a circuit board when we popped the cover off..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I agree with Stroker to get some fully charged batteries in it and leave the Gem unhooked to see if they stay up.

A lot of the truck Gems will interchange but some functions like rke may change.

If the batteries stay up with it unplugged I might have a replacement. Keep us posted.
Thanks for the info man!! and we will definitely keep you posted..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Batts are being charged as we speak.

that would be great if that was all it took was a new gem and fuse box.. if not, I dont know what to do next.. lol

pull every dam wire apart starting with the big ones and look for the chity spot.. I hope to god it doesn't come to that.

Latest posts

Members online