mishimoto radiator

MEDIC350

Reaction score
i have one.. i got it since my stock rad had a leak. upside is solid tig welded design so no leaks. keeps my coolant at 186

Chris.v

Reaction score
I just placed an order for one 10 min ago. My factory is leaking at the bottom corner drivers side. I'll let you know how the install goes. Probably won't be able to get it in until next weekend.

java

Reaction score
Just installed one on my dads 6.7 today, looks like a well built piece and the it installed perfect.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
has anyone done think kit to there 6.7? what is the upside to doing this?

Thanks for the interest in our radiator! One of the primary benefits of our radiator is the full aluminum construction. The stock radiator is equipped with plastic end tanks which are crimped to an aluminum core. This connection point is a common failure point. Our aluminum unit is more robust and features an extremely efficient core. As with all our products, this radiator also includes our lifetime warranty.

Our larger core provides the physical benefits below.
  • 37% increase in coolant capacity
  • 20% increase in fin area
  • 10% thicker core than factory

Let us know if we can answer any specific questions!

i have one.. i got it since my stock rad had a leak. upside is solid tig welded design so no leaks. keeps my coolant at 186

Thanks for picking up our radiator! Enjoy.

I got Jordan setup with one for his SEMA truck, it looked like a really nice piece and he said it installed with no problems.

Thanks!

I just placed an order for one 10 min ago. My factory is leaking at the bottom corner drivers side. I'll let you know how the install goes. Probably won't be able to get it in until next weekend.

Thanks for the order! Looking forward to your feedback after installation.

I've installed three into 6.4s. They are really nice pieces. My radiator is leaking also. I will be ordering one for mine someday soon.

Thanks the kind words!

Just installed one on my dads 6.7 today, looks like a well built piece and the it installed perfect.

Thanks for the feedback. :toast:

If anyone needs anything from Mishimoto let me know, i can help you guys save some money.

Thanks Josh!

Chris.v

Reaction score
Finished putting mine in. Took about 5hrs following the awesome YouTube video mishimoto has. Fit was perfect, factory like. Overall very happy with the purchase, it's worth every penny knowing it won't leak again, and you only have to do the job once.

Chris

strokinpower

Reaction score
This blows my mind that ford still cant figure out a radiator. I thought I was done with those problems when I traded the 6.4... Are the Mishimotos for the 6.7's better than the ones for the 6.4? I couldn't get one to last 5 months in the 6.4

strokinpower

Reaction score
No it's pretty well known about the mishimoto 6.4 issues.... They are supposedly working on an updated design for them. It's not really the rad as much as it is the way it's mounted in the truck.

strokinpower

Reaction score
I got a buddy that hauls cars up and down the east coast with a 6.4 F450 and he had 5 installed and the shop got so tired of doing them for free they installed an alradco for free and that one hasn't leaked

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Finished putting mine in. Took about 5hrs following the awesome YouTube video mishimoto has. Fit was perfect, factory like. Overall very happy with the purchase, it's worth every penny knowing it won't leak again, and you only have to do the job once.

Chris

Great to hear Chris! Enjoy the radiator.

This blows my mind that ford still cant figure out a radiator. I thought I was done with those problems when I traded the 6.4... Are the Mishimotos for the 6.7's better than the ones for the 6.4? I couldn't get one to last 5 months in the 6.4

Huh maybe you had a problem with something else. I've installed a few in 6.4s and 6.7s and haven't had the first problem. There still running strong, no leaks

No it's pretty well known about the mishimoto 6.4 issues.... They are supposedly working on an updated design for them. It's not really the rad as much as it is the way it's mounted in the truck.

I got a buddy that hauls cars up and down the east coast with a 6.4 F450 and he had 5 installed and the shop got so tired of doing them for free they installed an alradco for free and that one hasn't leaked

It appears as though the 6.7L radiator is not nearly as prone to failure as the 6.4L trucks. In the case of the 6.4L, we have found that chassis flex on the 6.4L truck is transferring into the radiator support and impacting the integrity of the radiator which is causing frequent failures. This is apparent on both stock plastic radiators as well as aluminum aftermarket options. Our 6.4L radiator has been a successful upgrade for a high majority of our customers. That being said, we still have a small portion of customers experiencing failure even after installing our aluminum unit. Our team is exploring a few prototype radiators for the 6.4L that work to promote greater isolation of the radiator from the core support. So far, our tests have been extremely positive.

As mentioned above, the 6.7L does not appear to be suffering from the same chassis-flex related failures that we see so prevalent on the 6.4L trucks. The customers running our 6.7L unit have expressed extreme satisfaction.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online