Recall Letter

PDT1081

Reaction score
Got a recall letter in the mail today for my 2013. Says something about needing to reprogram the PCM because the SCR fails to meet standards, or something along those lines. Also says the reprogram should help the life of the sensors. Anyone else get one yet?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i got one too.. says recall for emissions calibrations.. figured i would take it to them and see what they say... lol

live life full throttle

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
My Dad just got one for his 12. He asked me if I was taking mine in and I told him no. They did a reflash once on his 6.4 early on and I swear it never ran the same again although it wasn't emissions related and he didn't have any problems out of it but he only put 33k on it before trading up for the 6.7. I haven't actually got a letter yet.

Keith

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I had the issue happen to me twice that the recal is for.

Normaly if a sensor fails, you have some time to get it to a shop. Mine stalled out with no warning in the middle of an intersection & the check engine light came on. Couldnt start it back up! Happend a second time out on a county road. Glad I had service on my phone.

Had to get it towed both times. Luckily I have AAA. The dealer charged me a $100 deductible for the fix.

Expect to get the letter soon. Might just ask the dealer about it when I'm there for an oil change.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I had the issue happen to me twice that the recal is for.

Normaly if a sensor fails, you have some time to get it to a shop. Mine stalled out with no warning in the middle of an intersection & the check engine light came on. Couldnt start it back up! Happend a second time out on a county road. Glad I had service on my phone.

Had to get it towed both times. Luckily I have AAA. The dealer charged me a $100 deductible for the fix.

Expect to get the letter soon. Might just ask the dealer about it when I'm there for an oil change.
and these are the main reasons why i wont have emissions issues again.. and the reason why i would lol if i took it to them to see if they would even notice whats missing...

live life full throttle

truckman1974

Reaction score
So if our stuff is deleted we don't need to worry about this recall letter OR possibly something breaking later down the road because we didn't let them check "X" ?

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
If you're deleted, you'll be fine. I slap that crap back on once a year for emissions and then it comes right back off. I won't be taking mine in. I hate the week it takes me for the computer to be emissions ready but the price of admission I guess? Lol

Keith

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I'll have to see if my dad got a letter for his 13. He will laugh if he gets one. I think we deleted it at 1500 miles and the whole time he was like why is all this bullsh!t on my truckLOL.

truckman1974

Reaction score
Luckily, once I retire from the Army, I will be in a place that doesn't require emissions tests. I was just curious about this recall letter. (I also thought it might be some scam they're running to input new codes/programs that might mess up our programmers or cause us headaches in that area also).

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Once my warranty is up I plan to delete all the crap. No emissions testing here, so no worries about needing it to go on & off.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Well, got my letter yesterday. Thanks but no thanks. For guys running stock trucks, I hope this helps with not getting stranded for a faulty sensor.

Keith

BOHICA256

Reaction score
My dad and I both got ours yesterday. I'm deleted, but he went against my advice and got the extended warranty. I laugh at him all the time because he hears my truck and wants to delete so bad.
My dad will go in eventually to get it done. It'll be in the shop for a month around here before they can get to it..

powerstroked08

Reaction score
your dad is a sissy marry heheheeheh!

Well this is true hahaha. BUT there was once a time where both of you would represent the Ford crowd at the pulls. But then those balls must have fallen off:shrug:. Now i gotta try and keep these Chevy and dodge guys at bay with my little 6.4........ All alone haha

CallMeColt

Reaction score
When I went in for an oil change I asked & they did the update. Haven't gotten a letter yet. So if anyone wants to get ahead of the game, you can.

Thanks for letting us know about the letter OP!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.