Supercharged 7.3

superpsd

Reaction score
Everything is on one belt. Would be nice to piggy back another pulley on the damper. I would need a 12" pulley to drive the blower at its maximum rpm with the engine @ 4000 rpm. I have kicked it around but there are other ways to increase blower speed. It's just not needed yet.

mandkole

Reaction score
Yeah, the 2nd belt would be ideal for the blower drive.

Adding the blower (and its horsepower load) on the existing belt will put a lot of load on that one belt-- at moments in the duty cycle, far more tension (than being supported by the current tensioner) will be required. Its very likely that you will kill that belt quickly also. The fleet runner belt is industry leading for what its designed to do, but it still has a polyester tensile cord pack. Its stretches and once its been loaded/accelerated/slip heated a few too many times, it will get pissed off also.

If a belt is available that is just 'slightly' shorter, you can wind up the tensioner more and put it in the higher rate of the spring and 'maybe' keep it from slipping. But, we don't usually offer belts in those longer lengths that close together. I'll cross a couple fingers for ya..

gwunter

Reaction score
Any chance the guys that put the pro chargers on some diesels can help out with setting up a cogged belt pulley system to take care of the slippage issue??

Charles

Reaction score
Timbo made a comment about nobody in the thread making an accurate statement on the topic of A's vs B's vs Hybrids, and something about he and his keep innovating so on and so forth, as if everyone else is lost. We also hear a lot of heat about how larger nozzles don't make sense on the street, don't work as well as little ones, yada, yada, yada.

This would lead a person to think he has gobs of power on tap with clean driving. So.... since I don't keep up with the 7.3 stuff much anymore, what have you done man? Are you like 7 or 8 hundo on fuel with your 30's or 100's or whatever ratio is so awesome or what?

Because the apparently misleading and inaccurate statements being given in this thread are coming from the guys running setups akin to what Mike-O did over 600 on fuel with after passing the Colorado emissions test!

That truck was so close in setup to my daily driver it's not even funny. Which is probably why I also don't get the small nozzle logic, as my truck drives like that as well.

I guess at some point I would need to see the pudding that supports your "weight" in a conversation where you contradict logic that has done the deed. As in, not hypothetical.

Are you hypothetical, or have you actually done something I guess is my question?

superpsd

Reaction score
If a belt is available that is just 'slightly' shorter, you can wind up the tensioner more and put it in the higher rate of the spring and 'maybe' keep it from slipping. But, we don't usually offer belts in those longer lengths that close together. I'll cross a couple fingers for ya..

I experimented with a different belt routing with a longer gatorback belt. This was too much tension and it tried to pull itself apart after only 20 miles. There was a crack across the flat back of the belt. After research I had found many guys running blowers were having issues with very short life span on the gatorback. The green belt solved a lot of those setup issues. So far the belt works better than the gatorback out of the box. When new the gatorback gave this setup 1.5 psi at idle. After putting on the fleet belt it's now a steady 2 psi. Length is no problem. I have a few motorcraft idler pulleys that can be added. It also could use an idler right before the blower pulley as I am running a 2.4" pulley (small). Adding a pulley below the snout would provide better wrap/grip. For now time will tell how this belt will do. The next size down is 1" shorter which could work. Which happens to be the 6.7 single alt oem belt size.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Timbo made a comment about nobody in the thread making an accurate statement on the topic of A's vs B's vs Hybrids, and something about he and his keep innovating so on and so forth, as if everyone else is lost. We also hear a lot of heat about how larger nozzles don't make sense on the street, don't work as well as little ones, yada, yada, yada.

This would lead a person to think he has gobs of power on tap with clean driving. So.... since I don't keep up with the 7.3 stuff much anymore, what have you done man? Are you like 7 or 8 hundo on fuel with your 30's or 100's or whatever ratio is so awesome or what?

Because the apparently misleading and inaccurate statements being given in this thread are coming from the guys running setups akin to what Mike-O did over 600 on fuel with after passing the Colorado emissions test!

That truck was so close in setup to my daily driver it's not even funny. Which is probably why I also don't get the small nozzle logic, as my truck drives like that as well.

I guess at some point I would need to see the pudding that supports your "weight" in a conversation where you contradict logic that has done the deed. As in, not hypothetical.

Are you hypothetical, or have you actually done something I guess is my question?

The guys injectors are ***king awesome but I dont really know how much hotrodding he does. Ive got very limited mileage on my truck since putting his 250/200s in yet they are way smoother and responsive than the previous set I had if the same size.

cbf9703

Reaction score
The guys injectors are ***king awesome but I dont really know how much hotrodding he does. Ive got very limited mileage on my truck since putting his 250/200s in yet they are way smoother and responsive than the previous set I had if the same size.

***king awesome compared to what? He puts out some intelligent information about injectors, but I keep getting hung up on the attitude and how everyone else out there is stuck in the stone age and hasn't figured out the secret formula that only he has mastered. I haven't personally seen the flow bench, dyno testing, or real world results for his injectors compared to anyone else's showing their superiority, but I keep hearing about them... just wondering where the actual evidence is.

As for me, I love the chit out of my Swamps injectors and good tunes, but maybe I just don't know any better.

TyCorr

Reaction score
And there have been dyno results posted by people. Pis has posted dyno graphs before, fyi.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I kind of agree with cbf9703. Not to knock pis. I've yet to hear a bad thing about his injectors, BUT he does seem to give off the vibe his injectors are better than every other company out there. Unless he is onto some pixie dust **** none of the other dynasty 7.3 people know of. Hell, maybe he is, and I'm a jackass... lol

cbf9703

Reaction score
Ive ran other injectors lol.

Swamps were good too. No complaints.
I know you have that's why I asked which ones they were better than. If they completely blow my swamps injectors out of the water as he seems to suggest, I'd be interested.

And there have been dyno results posted by people. Pis has posted dyno graphs before, fyi.
I figured, that's why I said I had not personally seen them. All I see is his bashing all other injector builders out there. I just wish he would cite a little more evidence when he brings that argument up, otherwise he just sounds arrogant after a while and people like me sound like a jackass when it's brought up..

I kind of agree with cbf9703. Not to knock pis. I've yet to hear a bad thing about his injectors, BUT he does seem to give off the vibe his injectors are better than every other company out there. Unless he is onto some pixie dust **** none of the other dynasty 7.3 people know of. Hell, maybe he is, and I'm a jackass... lol
We can be jackasses together lol :toast:

bruce

Reaction score
idk what he (Tim) does but they are some smooth runnin injectors. Swamps and FF are pretty close to where my parents live, Rosewood is about an hr away from where I live and I'll still only buy from Tim.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
idk what he (Tim) does but they are some smooth runnin injectors. Swamps and FF are pretty close to where my parents live, Rosewood is about an hr away from where I live and I'll still only buy from Tim.

I know you have that's why I asked which ones they were better than. If they completely blow my swamps injectors out of the water as he seems to suggest, I'd be interested.

I figured, that's why I said I had not personally seen them. All I see is his bashing all other injector builders out there. I just wish he would cite a little more evidence when he brings that argument up, otherwise he just sounds arrogant after a while and people like me sound like a jackass when it's brought up..

my guess is its something in the tolerances/specs... for example... if it calls for +-.005 and he isnt satisfied unless its +-.003 that would technically ,mean they are the best compared to other companies that might call +-.005 " close enough" .. just speculation

TyCorr

Reaction score
I cant/wont say anything about swamps because I can't. They are top notch with everything they do.

I dont believe he is attacking their street cred in 7.3 injector threads though. Maybe the other one you mentioned but im not sure there either.

My pis are way smoother and make much better use of icp than the same size ff injectors.

Charles

Reaction score
I just want to know if the guy makes power or not. Power comes first, then refinement.

If refinement comes first, just leave the damn injectors STOCK!

Otherwise, if you wade into threads talking down, people expect that you've been there, done that and moved on. I just want to make sure before I give this guy credit he's actually made some power and gotten it ironed out on the street before I go taking his statements too seriously.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

i haven't read a thread yet where tim is bashing anyones injectors.. he simply states thst his comparatively inject more fuel... i dont run any PIS item either. im just goin off what i have read.. basically i will have PIS injectors when i upgrade whitey though... thats how much i have read up on all the injectors out there...

unless hrt releases his own design and i go to an open pullijg class... lol

live life full throttle

cbf9703

Reaction score
i haven't read a thread yet where tim is bashing anyones injectors.. he simply states thst his comparatively inject more fuel... i dont run any PIS item either. im just goin off what i have read.. basically i will have PIS injectors when i upgrade whitey though... thats how much i have read up on all the injectors out there...

unless hrt releases his own design and i go to an open pullijg class... lol

live life full throttle

Just so we're both on the same page, these are the types of statements I'm referring to, but I've been known to read things wrong. I think Tim probably makes a good product, but I don't think he's the only one out there that does. Up until the last month when I saw these I had mostly seen Tim just try to put out good information about his product and respected his opinion on business practices and customer service. I agree that his statements have merit for some companies, but they seem to be a sweeping generalization of all the "big" injector companies and "top" shops that I don't think they've all earned. I don't know what has changed lately? I don't have an issue with stating the truth, but if you're going to go down that road just call somebody out specifically already! lol How do those statements help anyone looking to make an informed choice about injectors other than implying that he is the only one who has the secret formula?

It is not hard at all to get one apart, no real accomplishment there. But setting one up to do what you want and matching 8 together, that sir is another story. And by what I have seen over the years from some of these "top" shops is sad. If only people could see what their injectors really do and how corners were cut in the name of profit margins. :lame:

And the A code, B code, hybrid argument is funning. Not one person that has as much flow bench time as myself has come in and made an accurate statement. But you guys serve up the Kool-Aid and the rest keep drinking so keep it pouring and we will keep making advancements.

We have had more people happier with our 160/30's than anything close to it "size wise" on the market. For that point we have actually seen our 160/30's outflow some 160/100's on the bench before. Depends on what you buy and from whom you buy it.

Some people/builders still only believe there is nothing more to injectors than cut pistons and different sized nozzles....................:doh:

People still believe injectors are just cut pistons and larger nozzles, :shrug:

The old saying used to be you get what you pay for. Now its you are paying for what you are not getting.

And now we're back..... I want to believe all the hype, but I'm with Charles on wanting to see if the data backs up the kool-aid....

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I was actually looking forward to getting injectors from tim as I have heard good things about p.i.s. injectors.

But after reading these threads lately and seeing how he handles himself and the way he talks about things, I doubt I will ever buy from him.

I just get the feeling that if I was to get injectors from him and they did have an issue, it would be everything else but his injectors. Since they build the "greatest injectors on the planet" there would be no way that it was his injectors that would be the problem.

I will most likely go back to swamps for my next set of injectors as I have never had an issue with their injectors so far, and their customer service has never let me down. Even when my problem was not caused by their product, but by another companies product that I had bought.

Charles

Reaction score
I didn't mean to start some kind of a witch burning mob scene...

Making an injector with a very low rate of failure has little to nothing to do with my question. I've run too many sets for too many years now to wonder about where reliability and quality control stem.

I was simply interested in knowing if the guy had made power, or if he was one of the low power wonders that like to mouth-breath on topics they extrapolate their low-power adventure observations to.

If the guy has done 6, 7, 8, 9 whatever hundred horsepower on fuel with excellent driveability, then just exactly where in that range he falls would tell me how much his comments should weigh in discussions of similarly powered setups.

A guy that's never made over 450hp isn't the one you want advice from on picking a clutch for a 600+hp setup for instance. The whole WORLD changes between those two points.

On the other hand, if the dude daily's a 700+hp truck with a ZF6 then you should be paying the UTMOST attention to his clutch advice.

Trying to gauge this fellow. Not even concerned with the quality of his injectors. Until recently I thought he was just a guy to buy nozzles off of. Apparently at some point he started selling injectors.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online