Hankook Dynapro Atm?

psduser1

Reaction score
they tow fine. 20k+ on the g/n trailer and load, no problems

My local shop is pushing me towards these on my excursion, says they're decent tires. I'm not really after dirt and mud, it's momma's grocery getter. I'm more interested in how they handle at 60-80 mph, freeway speeds? Any input on that, treetrimmer?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
100+ count?

their stable. hooked, unhooked, speeding or legal, their fine.

i got 40k out of my last set.

a side note though.

dont let them static balance them. you wont like it. if you dont have tpms sensors use equal, if you do have sensors, use equal beads. i use about a half a bag a tire.

when i have my guys balance them, i only let them put weights on the inside of my rims. it scratches the clear when they put them on the outside and thats where they start to turn to chit and oxidize.

so weights on the inside only, and then a half a bag of equal beads and you never have to balance them again. there also balanced at.....i'm really in a hurry speeds.

you dont have to go to those lengths to balance, but i live in my truck. and whatever tire i have ran, i never really liked just a static balance. they always felt like 15k or so in, they needed rebalanced. so i static the inside to get them close, and let the dynamic do the rest.

psduser1

Reaction score
100+ count?

a side note though.

dont let them static balance them. you wont like it. if you dont have tpms sensors use equal, if you do have sensors, use equal beads. i use about a half a bag a tire.

when i have my guys balance them, i only let them put weights on the inside of my rims. it scratches the clear when they put them on the outside and thats where they start to turn to chit and oxidize.

so weights on the inside only, and then a half a bag of equal beads and you never have to balance them again. there also balanced at.....i'm really in a hurry speeds.

you dont have to go to those lengths to balance, but i live in my truck. and whatever tire i have ran, i never really liked just a static balance. they always felt like 15k or so in, they needed rebalanced. so i static the inside to get them close, and let the dynamic do the rest.
Id say that counts.
Probably just use beads to balance. I've got them on my 19.5s, seem to work quite well. I don't like weights on an aluminum rim, either. Thanks for the opinion, this is the route I'll probably go, unless I run across a screaming deal on something else.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
100+ count?

a side note though.

so the beads dont hurt the tpms sensors? im having issues with almost 11oz of stick on weights on one of my tires with duratracs.. its ballanced but thats a lot of sticky weights..

live life full throttle

mandkole

Reaction score
100+ count?

is this specific to the Hankooks? My tire guy mounts a lot of Hankooks so I'll review this with him. good info-- thx!

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i do that with every tire i get, regardless of brand.

it's mainly cuz to do a true static balance, they would put weights on both the inside and the outside of the rim.

i wont let weights on the outside of my rim, and just on the inside isn't balanced enough. you can still feel at interstate speeds.

you can't use straight equal with sensors. the powder clogs the hole of them and you have to replace them, you can't dig it out and/or otherwise salvage the sensor.

the beads are designed for work with sensors. for you shotgun guys, there about the size of 7 1/2 shot, give or take.

iirc a half a bag of beads is like 6oz. ish

and as long as you dont have idiot tire guys, and you remember to tell them, you can move the beads from old set of tires to new set of tires. the beads in this set of tires i have, are the second set of tires these particular beads have been in.

Last edited:

blackcloud2k

Reaction score
I got 37k out of my first set, and sold my 08 with the second set on them. The second set had 40k and were due to be replaced but still had plenty of tread to be safe. Regular towing with 7k trailer.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.