bio diesel

Stroked777

Reaction score
whats the max mixture that can be safely ran in a 6.4 with no major motor mods and a stock fuel system
theres a oil company near my thats sells both b5 and b20. i know b5 is ok to run in a 6.4 but what about b20

Last edited:

Mdub707

Reaction score
I know of a 6.4 running 100% WVO, using a modified vegistroke system, Austen. I'd say you could run 100% bio safely, but it needs to be a quality fuel. Are you thinking of home-brewing it or looking at buying at the pump or something?

Stroked777

Reaction score
John Ray and sons has a pump in troy that sells 5% in the wonder and I think 20% veggie in the summer. I was just gunna try it, people say bio diesel over 5% will delaminate the inside of the tank

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've never heard of any of the tanks being delaminated. I hate how much misinformation is spread in the alt fuel community. The issue a lot of people seeing jumping to a 100% bio mix is it will indeed cleanse the fuel system out so if there is any build up in there it will end up in filters. I can't imagine you'd have this issue seeing how new your truck is. I would be leery of running bio in the winter, it will gel much easier than pump diesel.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I was looking to run b20 during warm months but at $4.05/gal it's not worth it. How can they wanna promote renewable energy (bio diesel) when it's more expensive lol. I would try b100 if I could find a place that sells it around here but I don't have any fuel system mods

Mdub707

Reaction score
You wouldn't need any fuel system mods. A DPF delete is about all I would recommend for running B100. It's getting cold enough now I wouldn't even think about B100. You can always look into blending your own!

Mdub707

Reaction score
Best bet is try to find others in your area making it, might be able to buy some and start to learn the process etc. Do it over time. I didn't do bio for the same reason, didn't want to have to store caustic chemicals at a house I was renting. WVO made more sense for me. Bio is better if you have multiple vehicles to run it on.

Latest posts

Members online