Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > The Bunker > General Discussion Forum

Old 01-12-2017, 12:41 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Had an 03 5.9 with 6 speed. Loved the way it ran and towed. I run a bigger chip n every tuner at the time before smarty stuff came out. It got ran hard as hell. Motor n transmission were great.

But....interior I liked, but nothing held up. Dash cracked to ****, blend door In heater broke, ash tray, visor and so on. O and traveling home one night I felt the truck picking up speed, so as I pushed clutch in it raced to 4k before I got key shut off. The throttle cable got a kink inside the sealed unit. Mine was one of the first 3rd Gen 03, and from factor came with an 02 throttle body and used an automatic throttle cable instead of the manual one. I ordered 5ones before I found the right one. Then had dodge accuse me of modifying and screwing with it. Wtf would I fool with that for! That turned me away from dodge. Got to be honest...was one of the first guys in my county to get one, so straight piped, mirrors flipped up and a C on back glass. I see that now n realize how stupid it looked.
sent while on patrol.

Last edited by jrex2506; 01-12-2017 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:38 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

i had 3 7.3's and loved them, the 6.0 came out and i tried a 2006 f-250 v-10, went to a 2007 3500 4x4 dodge cummins i bought new, put turbo and cam efi live eventually, truck was an animal, sold at 113k never had any issues other than me burning up clutches and one set of injectors because i got a bad load of fuel
had 2012 2500 st ccsb cummins, ******d at 200 miles and just sold with 104,000. two right rear wheel seals and that was it, just maintenence. everything stayed tight

loving this 2017 ford, glad to be back, but sort of miss the cummins sound.

just sold my 99 3500, which i p-pumped because the vp44 left me stranded, despite adequate fuel pressure. I loved this truck despite the dodge downfalls like the dash, crappy interior controls, radio etc. very comfortable and awesome low end once i built the trans with shift kit and tq. convertor with lockup switch.
2017 6.7 Ford cclb 4x4
Old 01-12-2017, 10:09 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

How is the power of the new 6.7 Cummins with a tune in them? Anyone know? Just curious. Can't be that good as stock they are gutless
16 250 tri-coat white, 22x12 AF satin black traxx with 325/50 terra g2, no limit goodies, flo pro exhaust, sct x4, recon smoked side and cab lights, retro solution led head and fog lights, icon 2.5" leveling kit with fox 2.0 shocks.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:23 AM
General
Member's Gallery

shifting is still enough to force a man to take his own life...

Midwest Diesel & Auto...Gear Head Automotive Performance...No Limit Fabrication...Barder Turbo Service...PMF Suspension...
Old 01-12-2017, 10:49 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootie View Post
shifting is still enough to force a man to take his own life...
Really? I'm selling my D-max this Friday, I'm on the fence with a new Ford, I'm looking at the Dodge hard but if they still don't make a decent tranny, I don't want it..

2016 Taurus AWD SHO Interceptor
Old 01-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsah View Post
Really? I'm selling my D-max this Friday, I'm on the fence with a new Ford, I'm looking at the Dodge hard but if they still don't make a decent tranny, I don't want it..
I like the g56 dodge has for a stick. Needs a dual disk clutch/pressure plate upgrade though when you start putting power to it. I've also heard good things about the auto that's behind their 6.7.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:14 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokersace View Post
I like the g56 dodge has for a stick. Needs a dual disk clutch/pressure plate upgrade though when you start putting power to it. I've also heard good things about the auto that's behind their 6.7.
So no good stock? I plan on leaving it alone, the truck is going to make money so I'm leaving it stock.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Power wise tuned I would put somewhere between a 11-14 6.7 and 6.4 powerstroke. (Never drove a 15-16 6.7) the shifting is horrible, even tuned it still sucks. I would kill for a 6R behind my Cummins. 68RFE's are a joke. You can smoke one very quick with just a race tune.
2011 6.7 King Ranch- SCT- 5" FloPro- Sold

Last edited by PyroFighter; 01-12-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:56 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsah View Post
So no good stock? I plan on leaving it alone, the truck is going to make money so I'm leaving it stock.
In stock form I loved it. Held up great. When I deeleted the truck I had a single tune flashed on the truck. I'd say it was between a light tow and race tune. If I babied it, it did great. But it would slip bad if I got into it. So I had him dial it back on the tune to be a "slightly over stock" tune, kike a heavy tow. Never slipped the clutch again, had noticeable 'seat of the pants improvement', bumped a consistent 4-5 mpg hand calculated. I was happy with it.

It's honestly why I'm so mixed on going with the dodge again. I want the manual trans. But my wife (who can drive a stick, just doesn't like to) wants an auto for the ease. And she'll be driving it to barrel racings and rodeos as much as I will. So I'm up in the air...

Last edited by Strokersace; 01-12-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:19 PM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokersace View Post
In stock form I loved it. Held up great. When I deeleted the truck I had a single tune flashed on the truck. I'd say it was between a light tow and race tune. If I babied it, it did great. But it would slip bad if I got into it. So I had him dial it back on the tune to be a "slightly over stock" tune, kike a heavy tow. Never slipped the clutch again, had noticeable 'seat of the pants improvement', bumped a consistent 4-5 mpg hand calculated. I was happy with it.

It's honestly why I'm so mixed on going with the dodge again. I want the manual trans. But my wife (who can drive a stick, just doesn't like to) wants an auto for the ease. And she'll be driving it to barrel racings and rodeos as much as I will. So I'm up in the air...
I drove one and the tranny seemed to be perfect so I guess as long as I'm going to leave it alone I will be alright.. I just love the inside of the Ford so IDK.. This is the toughest decision on a truck I have ever made, normally I would be driving one already, it's a toss up for me, never owned a Dodge but they are all my brother owns and he has had fantastic luck with them in stock form..