05 Axle Swap into 97

glovemeister

Reaction score
Looking at buying a complete 05 F250 4x4 for a swap into a 97. 97 is Manual, and CCLB. Parts truck is auto and SCSB.

Can I get the driveshafts from the parts truck, or is it better to buy adapter joints and run existing equipment?

m j

Reaction score
what transfer case? 4407?
it will need a front yoke swap to work with newer, better SD shaft.
your f250 did not come with a CV style driveshaft so there is an upgrade to CV even if you keep the 97 drivelines.

several ways to go with drivelines. I like flange style drivelines so that ujoint changes happen almost completely on the workbench

gnxtc2

Reaction score

markfuga

Reaction score
If you're needing a track bar mounting bracket let me know, I have a spare from my swap I did a couple years ago. I designed a bracket for the 96 truck I was working on and made two at that time. It's beefy, constructed from 3/8 and 5/16 material. It attaches to the frame rail and the engine cross member; same as the 05 design so it's built around original engineering.

Fiveohmatt

Reaction score
If you're needing a track bar mounting bracket let me know, I have a spare from my swap I did a couple years ago. I designed a bracket for the 96 truck I was working on and made two at that time. It's beefy, constructed from 3/8 and 5/16 material. It attaches to the frame rail and the engine cross member; same as the 05 design so it's built around original engineering.
do you still have this mount or any pictures of it?

KBMKVIII

Reaction score

If the OP does not buy this I will.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.