Bad ball joint?

BoostLee

Reaction score
Hi everyone, picked up my first diesel and have been going through the truck. Have done a lot so far trying to get it up to bring comfortable for longer trips towing our camper, and am looking at the suspension now.

I'm assuming this is a bad ball joint? Does seem darty on the interstate some times. Just want to confirm, this is the track bar correct? Probably time to go through all of the joints. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lbAJQsfuMwaQsR2bKNekjfGt_YLmQlnj/view?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BoostLee

Reaction score
Further research seems to reveal that isn't the track bar...or wait, maybe it is. Hence question.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

79jasper

Reaction score
Define "front end rebuild."
Depends what's worn.
Could be doing gears and bearings, tie rods, drag links, gear box, ball joints, unit bearings, axle shaft ujoints, locking hubs, etc, etc, etc.
Or just steering parts?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Koda22

Reaction score
from wat ive been quoted, and this is having someone is doing the work....500 for tie rods, 500 for ball joints per side

Towerguy

Reaction score
from wat ive been quoted, and this is having someone is doing the work....500 for tie rods, 500 for ball joints per side

$1000 or more is pretty stiff for doing the balljoints but that seems to be the average. I would personally prefer to do it myself but it seems like most shops are in that range and I don't really blame them, it's not a small job. No way though would I spend $500 for a shop to do tie-rods. It's just too easy of a job to justify that much labor.