BTS down for the count

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Well she took a dump today. Lost all forward gears on my dads excursion. Brian said ship it on back. Three week predicted turn around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Best warranty in the business, nobody else compares!

Back in the day when I had the good ole 7.3 I had a bts and the converter failed after years and many miles. Talked to Bryan and after a few trouble shooting questions, he had me new one in a couple of days. I cant say enough about the great customer service BTS has.

79jasper

Reaction score
The turnaround. I'm curious if he's saying they will be over, or if they quoted over. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Yeah same here. Last time it was sent back they said two weeks max. Ended up being close to a month....

DieselDC

Reaction score
Yeah same here. Last time it was sent back they said two weeks max. Ended up being close to a month....

O so this is the 2nd one? My bts was ordained in 99 and at that time - no billet parts. It was all cryo tx and still going now! I’m lucky I suppose.

“Don’t overthink something simple people... ..:sigh:..”

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
It’s just an excursion on 35s driven by a 62 yr old. Never hauls anything. No idea why it failed. Never got hot etc

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
It's been at Bryans for at least 3 weeks. Been calling every other day looking for details. Keep getting the run around from Tina. Apparently he's sick or something which is understandable but she can't give an eta of when he'll be back in. About ready to have them ship it back and fix it local. The warranty is great and all but not when it's been close to a month and the thing hasn't even been opened up yet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DieselDC

Reaction score
It's been at Bryans for at least 3 weeks. Been calling every other day looking for details. Keep getting the run around from Tina. Apparently he's sick or something which is understandable but she can't give an eta of when he'll be back in. About ready to have them ship it back and fix it local. The warranty is great and all but not when it's been close to a month and the thing hasn't even been opened up yet.

Give them their space and don’t call every other day. 0.02

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

DieselDC

Reaction score
Bts is known to be busy. You’ll get yours transmission- just not in a timely matter.

—————signature—————

gnxtc2

Reaction score

Total BS except for the part of being sick. If there was any customer service, the office would have called you and gave you an update.

Give them their space and don’t call every other day. 0.02

—————signature—————

I hope you're kidding

Gave them 2 weeks of not calling.

I would've expected some updates after the 2 weeks. I would gave them an option....if can't fix it then ship it back.

Bts is known to be busy. You’ll get yours transmission- just not in a timely matter.

—————signature—————

And what do you consider a timely matter?

After 3 weeks of trying to get ahold of Brian, I'm glad BTS didn't return any of my calls because I found out that The Punisher aka Paul Delpo is about 1.5 hours away from me. I have his trans in my truck and over 50k miles, towing 22k later, it acts the same way as the day I installed it.

Billy T.
[email protected]

DieselDC

Reaction score
Total BS except for the part of being sick. If there was any customer service, the office would have called you and gave you an update.

I hope you're kidding

I would've expected some updates after the 2 weeks. I would gave them an option....if can't fix it then ship it back.

And what do you consider a timely matter?

After 3 weeks of trying to get ahold of Brian, I'm glad BTS didn't return any of my calls because I found out that The Punisher aka Paul Delpo is about 1.5 hours away from me. I have his trans in my truck and over 50k miles, towing 22k later, it acts the same way as the day I installed it.

Billy T.
[email protected]

No, I’m not kidding. Give them space. Calling them every other day isn’t going to make things go any faster. Especially when you know (well, you should know) his time frame is loose and can’t be counted on.

Is it the best? No, I admit that. We all know BTS is slipping as far as time frame wise that’s why I say leave him alone. His transmissions is tops, I can attest to that b/c I own one.

Glad you went with whomever. The OP didn’t have a choice but bts since it’s a warranty procedure. I would always say go with bts... if you’re willing to wait...! The other two options would be dieselsite and Sam wyse. Those two will get you a transmission in week or two weeks time. Though SW is a few weeks behind now. Dieselsite however, is always ready at the helm (I’m an hr from them).

—————signature—————

dsberman94

Reaction score
Was there ever any issues with twisted diesel trans? I remember hearing a lot of good about them and don’t remember hearing bad, they just kinda fell off the map.

I had mine built by a guy who is a retired master tech. At this point I’m over the power limits of it but I’ll see how long it holds. I could billet the entire thing through this guy if I want to but I didn’t have the money or reason to do that at the time. Unfortunately it was only a 1 year warranty for me. It’s all going to be the same except for the name and warranty. The same Name brand billet parts are still going to be the same name brand billet parts no matter who puts them in the case.

DieselDC

Reaction score
As of right now, only tcs actually makes the billet items and the rest are just “rebranded”? I could be wrong. All billets plus hard parts (updated) is around 5,500. Dieselsite will do a full billet for 6,500. JW is also same price.

—————signature—————

Latest posts

Members online