2001 7.3 oil

t.rider.013

Reaction score
For the clatter I would have a ford dealer do the buzz text on your injectors. It could also be the fuel pressure regulator stuck open. The braking issue could be that there adjustment dial is not working properly have you pulled the brakes to check anything in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
For the clatter I would have a ford dealer do the buzz text on your injectors. It could also be the fuel pressure regulator stuck open. The braking issue could be that there adjustment dial is not working properly have you pulled the brakes to check anything in there?

I know a mechanic that has the software to check powerstrokes just not cheap. The brakes squeal when I come to a stop so I was gonna replace them when I do the front bearings

t.rider.013

Reaction score
I would definitely do brakes all the way around. Let us know what your mech says about the buzz testing. Yes it is spendy but it’s a piece of mind and it could also point in a direction if it’s not injectors.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
I would definitely do brakes all the way around. Let us know what your mech says about the buzz testing. Yes it is spendy but it’s a piece of mind and it could also point in a direction if it’s not injectors.

Will do I did notice a oil leak. Seems to be coming from under the power steering pump area and running down onto the underside. I'm gonna take some pictures and post them

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Sorry for bad picture first time trying this

Attachments

• Resized_20181224_132704_9597.jpg
    Resized_20181224_132704_9597.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 50

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Can see oil under the charge tube boot. Not sure where it's coming from.

Attachments

• Resized_20181224_132729_6758.jpg
    Resized_20181224_132729_6758.jpg
    1,011.5 KB · Views: 48

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Could be coming from the intercooler itself.
Other possibilities: power steering leak.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Don't think the power steering pump because it smells like oil and I'm running atf in the pump which I flushed out. There is a cylinder looking thing that is soaked it sits next to engine but under the ps pump not sure what it is. The intercooler is nasty I'm gonna be cleaning all that soon but I do get small drips of oil on top it and have no clue where oil would be coming from.

79jasper

Reaction score
It's not terrible, to be honest.
When pushing the headers back on, lube the orings. They say you should be able to push it back together with body weight. I know 150# me at the time, couldn't do it. I had to use a ratchet strap to "press it" together.
There's a few YouTube videos on removal. I prefer to remove the whole thing vs leaving the front header in place.
You will need to drain the coolant and oil.

Arisley

Reaction score
Do not wear any clothes you care about while fixing it. I also put a big piece of plastic under the truck to save the driveway.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
OK thanks guys. Would there be any problems if I just it alone besides a oil mess? Or is it something I need to have fixed or it will fail completely type thing?

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Worst case: oil and coolant could mix. But usually just leaks oil externally.

Ok thanks man I looked at a couple youtube videos and it looks to be more than I can do in my driveway. I check my oil once a week and while under the hood keep a eye on the coolant which I plan on flushing real soon. I will keep monitoring it too see if it gets worse.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
It's really not that big of a deal. Lol
But I don't blame you for wanting to put it off.

Lol, I'm no mechanic just learning from you guys and watching youtube videos. Next thing is my blower motor I found out is bad so I have to order that and change it. Been out for over a month and the no defrost using a rag to see Crap I'm over lol.

Latest posts

Members online