E99 van turbos...

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I haven't put ot on yet, I haven't ordered the orings. And I can't decide if I want to delete the ebpv or not. Also I don't know for sure if I need an adaptor or not either.

I would think the wicked wheel would be beneficial on the 99.5 van turbos ... Why wouldnt it?

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
Well the wicked wheel has actually shown loss in power on most dyno's (on stock Superduty turbos). Never used a van turbo, but seems like most don't run them, ill try it first without. Then if i get surge I'll put it on there.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I still don't know if I need the housing adaptor or not... Does anyone actually know for sure? E99. An turbo...

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
All you have to do is measure to make sure its the same size as the flange on your down pipe, you can also delete the one you have with a freeze plug like I told you earlier. I am also putting on the deleted pedestal. Only $120, well worth it.

Has anyone ever polished the compressor housing on a stock turbo? if so how did it turn out? Don't need show quality, but thought it would look cool and a cheap option. Also can you cut the little spot off of it where the waste gate normally goes 99.5 to 2003.

Fordcowboy

Reaction score
I still don't know if I need the housing adaptor or not... Does anyone actually know for sure? E99. An turbo...

With the EBPV you shouldn't need the adapter. If you took that whole EBPV adapter off then you would need a new one. If you just do the gutting route to do away with the EBPV you will still have the adapter that is currently there and should be good to go. The adapter from beans is the same adapter that is currently on your turbo, just without the EBPV hardware....As far as I know.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
With the EBPV you shouldn't need the adapter. If you took that whole EBPV adapter off then you would need a new one. If you just do the gutting route to do away with the EBPV you will still have the adapter that is currently there and should be good to go. The adapter from beans is the same adapter that is currently on your turbo, just without the EBPV hardware....As far as I know.

hey bud check out post #90 theres pics of the adapter lmk what you think

Fordcowboy

Reaction score
You should be able to put that turbo the way it sits into the truck and be good to go. If you are going to do away with the EBPV you have two options. You can use what is currently there, and either wire the butterfly open, or cut it out and plug the holes. Or you can buy a new adapter from Beans. What beans sells is the same dimensions as what is currently on your turbo, just without the butterfly hardware.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Ok cool thank you for the info. So I just grab the orings from Ford? It's a pretty straight forward swap right?

Fordcowboy

Reaction score
Pretty easy. Hardest part is laying on top of the motor to reach stuff. The clamp at the back where the up pipe collector meets the turbo can be a pain, and the down pipe clamp can be too. A little screw driver or something to kind of pry all the way around on those clamps will help. Pull the intake tube off, pull the spyder out, unclamp the down pipe and collector, then un bolt the turbo from pedistal. When going back together sometimes the o ring from turbo to spyder likes to fall off, so some grease or something on that to hold it in place helps. You can get the o rings from ford, probably the easiest. If you aren't wanting it done today, or need other o rings as well, Diesel O Rings is good.

Members online

No members online now.