OIL FILTER STUCK ON!!!

TyCorr

Reaction score
Brad, just do yourself a favor and take it out and rebuild it. Then reinstall it. Make sure you get the orings installed in the correct spot before you press it together.

Some guys have been able to press the oil coolers back together by hand. I've done a few of them and some are loose. The one on my truck required a hydraulic shop press to seat the caps. If you just got the truck, might as well service it.

As for the oil/coolant mix you just created in your oil pan, drain it and start over. I personally would go to rural king or tractor supply and get the cheap 15-40 they sell in 2.5 gallon jugs and 5 gallon buckets and run it a few hours then do another change. Should be good to go then. I've had to do that before.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Brad, just do yourself a favor and take it out and rebuild it. Then reinstall it. Make sure you get the orings installed in the correct spot before you press it together.

Some guys have been able to press the oil coolers back together by hand. I've done a few of them and some are loose. The one on my truck required a hydraulic shop press to seat the caps. If you just got the truck, might as well service it.

As for the oil/coolant mix you just created in your oil pan, drain it and start over. I personally would go to rural king or tractor supply and get the cheap 15-40 they sell in 2.5 gallon jugs and 5 gallon buckets and run it a few hours then do another change. Should be good to go then. I've had to do that before.

I might as well I just do not know about the pop though the pan is mostly empty now. The biggest Issue is the oil filter is similar on top of that it is not the pan with the mix it has a little bit the coolant reservoir has the most. The coolant cap went and it sprayed the engine bay and driveway I am walking away from it right now to think some I just do not know what I did wrong.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Well the oil cooler involves oil and coolant. So of you didn't get the rebuild kit or put it together correctly it will mix oil and coolant. The pop was the pressure building up in the system and poping the coolant cap is what I assume since, if I understood correctly, you said it sprayed under the hood.

Posted from ***itville, USA

dsberman94

Reaction score
The oil pressure is higher than the coolant pressure which is why you have more oil in the coolant res than coolant in the oil

Posted from ***itville, USA

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
I did get a rebuild kit put the green rings in the grooves and the black rings on the end of the cooler. The pop was a lot more than a cap it had some force to it then the cap popped, when the cap went it was a little poof. It is completely mixed I am guessing on that, it drained back to oil pan now there is nothing in the res now but residue the dip stick shows three times the amount of oil.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
I am doing myself a favor and bringing it to a shop for proper evaluation just in case it was not my fault and the fact of the fact I got screwed by the place I bought it.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Dear lord this is a cluster ***, and I thought I'm having a tough week. ^^^ you should have taken it back to the dealer as soon as you heard a "tick" and you couldn't get this dang filter off. It doesn't matter how much you like it. If it's a pos take it back.

Latest posts

Members online