trans problems, again...

brian89

Reaction score
Well, drove to work just fine, start working, jump back in the truck to move to next building, and it feels like its got a load or is being held back, like its starting out in 3rd, put in 1 and it is better but not great, any suggestions

brian89

Reaction score
No, stock, just bought from a guy and worked fine for about a week and a half,no first gear and either third or forth is gone, wants to be in high gear in D but when in 2 is will stay in second but when i switch it into D goes right to high gear, and is in second when in 1 as well

dmd

Reaction score
Lets see...
- Tuner
- Intake
- Exhaust

Ok, next step is a trans because they will go if you dont have a valve body
and stronger TC.

Do you need the number for BTS?

brian89

Reaction score
My stock one already went bad 2 weeks ago and i pit another stock one in that was hipefully going to last me 3 1/2 months till i graduate school and can go back to PA and save for a BTS, but now its almost as much of a piece of scrap metal as the one that's sitting in my garage that i took out last weekend

brian89

Reaction score
I really do appreciate yall trying to help with the built trans offers, but I'm kind of just trying to fix my small problem on a low budget, so i can drive it to school instead of the scooter on days like today when a hurricane is coming thru, does anybody know where the shift solenoids are or how to test them or if they can be changed out? Or is there anybody in the orlando area that can read trans codes? Had to quit my job because i can't drive my truck so I'm really in a pickle with truck funds/bills

TARM

Reaction score
Did you drive it easy those three weeks as in no hard take offs or under good power thru shifts? If you have the extra power which you know ate up one trans and you do not change driving habits I would expect the same thing to happen to the next one that was stock built as well.

If you did take it easy maybe something in the install was wrong. Such as:

Did you change out the cooler as well, when you swapped trans? Did you flush it out or put a filter between its output and the replaced trans

brian89

Reaction score
I did drive easy, i did not put it under a lot of power, but no, i did not do any of those...I'm really kicking myself in the face for not putting a filter or a new cooler on

Cory S

Reaction score
Went over and put my ae on it and pulled p0741 so I told him start by cleaning all the elec connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian89

Reaction score
I don't know if this could mean anything but the reverse lights don't come on everytime it in reverse, bout every 2-3 times they don't

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Make sure these torx screws are tight, if your shifter is loose or sloppy

loose_gearshift_bolts.jpg

Here is the adjustment of the linkage

PRND21Adjustment.jpg

After that if your pointer is off, there is a thumbwheel behind the fuse panel cover base of the steering column to adjust the pointer.

brian89

Reaction score
I started tearing apart the old trans so i can rebuild it, the one that originally had to be revved to 3k to be shifted out of first and i found a few things that seemed a little wierd, once i figure out how to upload pics i will show you

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Use a hosting site like photobucket or something, then copy the IMG code and paste in your post. IMO that's the easiest way, otherwise you can "Go advanced" and use the attach method.

Last edited:

brian89

Reaction score
When disassembling a broken trans, what should i bee looking for, i know burnt steels, warpage, frictions with no friction material, anything else?

Latest posts

Members online