OIL FILTER STUCK ON!!!

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
I have tried my hands oil filter wrenches now vise grips I swear it is welded on or something else I have been trying since 10am E.T. Righty tighty lefty loosey so yes I am turning it right. It is a Motorcraft fl-1995 on a 01 250 4x4 auto

littleredstroker

Reaction score
take a punch about 3/4 inch around, hammer it through the filter, get a box end wrench over the part you have sticking out of the filter and turn it off. whoever changed the oil before you must have used a filter wrench to put it on... just a reminder, 3/4 turn by hand after it first makes contact

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Whack a hole in the bottom and let the oil drain out.
Take a phillips screw-driver and punch it horizontally through both sides of the filter. Boom, mechanical advantage.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Whack a hole in the bottom and let the oil drain out.
Take a phillips screw-driver and punch it horizontally through both sides of the filter. Boom, mechanical advantage.

Sorry to rain on your parade I just tried that.

Dis regard Poor reading I tried it on the bottom so go through the the middle ish?

Lugger007

Reaction score
I had mine sick on my 6.7 last month. I was hesitant to punch a hole as if that doesn't work your in trouble.
I put in new oil, went to local shop and had them pull it off. They had the leverage from standing in the pit. Only cost $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
*** me put a 2 inch hole in the filter trying would not budge this time I used a 3 foot pry bar and no luck with 235 pounds of mofo fury behind it:shrug:

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
took another look at it the suckwad put it on with a wrench enough so I can see scratches on the filter. So what now

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Strap wrench or a big pair of channel locks.

Posted from ***itville, USA

already tried channel locks 3 foot pry oil wrench 3 foot pipe my hands two now bent screw drivers and some others I am at a loss at what to do besides try cut off the shell and release it that way but idk.

dsberman94

Reaction score
already tried channel locks 3 foot pry oil wrench 3 foot pipe my hands two now bent screw drivers and some others I am at a loss at what to do besides try cut off the shell and release it that way but idk.

Won't be able to cut anything because the threads are in the middle. You'd have a hell of a time getting it off then. Try getting the channel locks up higher towards the top of the filter where there's more strength to the filter. I know it's tight up there though.

bluedge8

Reaction score
I've had one so stuck on that I shredded the housing and had to take a hammer and chisel to the filter base, took me a couple of days irc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freightshaker

Reaction score
Try using multiple points on it. Big channel locks up top and screw driver or such through bottom. Gives you a lot more force and spreads it out.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
I have given up for today back looks like I have been five stared with 60 grit so I made a bet with my younger brother who is cocky as hell because he knows more than me about this stuff he is oblivious to the matter now.

dsberman94

Reaction score
It's is so hard to understand you because no punctuation. Sorry but I had to say it.

Latest posts

Members online