Air Bag Question

doo dah

Reaction score
I have a set of bags for my truck that I haven't installed yet and not sure I'll benefit from putting them on. I have F350 with factory overloads and a 4" block. When I tow my 5th wheel (hitch weight is around 2700 with 13k trailer weight) the truck sits almost level, maybe a tad squat but the trailer is level if not a little high in the front. I'm concerned that if I put the bags on I may put the trailer too high in the front and not benefit from having the extra support. Any suggestions? Sell the bags, put them on and run low psi in them, .....?

Zmann

Reaction score
if your not squatting i wouldn't really be in a hurry to put them on

but they can unload the overloads and make for a smoother ride
with some psi IMO

i put 4000 in my bed and if i hit fire roads i will turn on the wireless and put some air in the bags

maybe you need a increased drop hitch ??

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Personally, I hate the raked look... So, I lowered the back of my duallies, and installed the bags to keep em leveled when weighted with my big trailer. I air them up to the max, load the trailer, then decrease the psi to get the desired ride height. Riding on air is sooooooooo much nicer than riding on springs alone... Only thing, is to make sure that you can mount your bags on the truck either without the factory bump stop arms, or find a set of lowered blocks WITH the factory style bump stop arms... unless you have the kit that mounts on the outside of the springs, then, no worries.

doo dah

Reaction score
Not a perfect angle but gives you an idea of how it sits with the trailer. I have 4" blocks with the factory style bumpstop tang and thought about going back down to stock 3 5/8" but only saving 3/8" so not sure it is worth the effort and I have 2" springs in the front so if I went any lower than stock I'd be replacing front springs too. Not in the market to raise the trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpg
    IMG_1416.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 155

Brian22

Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad. The rear of the trailer looks about 2 inches lower than the front. Only way to get it perfectly level is to raise the trailer or lower the truck by swapping to F250 springs & blocks. If you lowered the 5th wheel height, you'd be too close to bed rails.

JRLott

Reaction score
What he said. I'd just add the bags to level it and see how you like it. They're "used" now so you may as well install them and see what happens. Then sell them to me. Brian is way north of me. I'm just a bit north of SA. LOL.

Brian22

Reaction score
What he said. I'd just add the bags to level it and see how you like it. They're "used" now so you may as well install them and see what happens. Then sell them to me. Brian is way north of me. I'm just a bit north of SA. LOL.

0bfc08L.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.